29| Maybe I was a fool.

I walk into my English lecture class

I walk into my English lecture class. I immediately look for the tall, light brunette. I was a little stunned when I didn't find him in his normal seat.

I looked around the room and still no sign of August. Maybe he's late.

But he's never late.

I ignored the weird feeling that had settled in my stomach and walked up the small steps to get to my seat. August's seat was at the front of the class. I was up higher.

I liked how the college classes looked. I liked that it looked like a theater. My seat was more in the middle of the room, but I still had a good view of his seat.

I waited for his seat to be filled. I waited for him to sit down and look back at me. But the professor started the 10:00 am lecture about whatever the hell this class was.

What the fuck?

Why isn't he here?

I pulled out my phone and quickly texted August. I watch as the read notification comes up underneath my text before the gray bubble with the three dots shows up.

The small smile I had faded as I watched the gray bubble disappear.

"Fuck this." I mumbled under my breath and picked up my book bag before rushing down the small steps and out of the classroom.

I can hear my converse hit the marble floor as I walk swiftly down the hall. I clenched my phone as I stared down at my screen, seeing no notifications.

I round the last corner before I have to walk down the wide hall until I'm at his dorm. As I'm about to turn the golden handle, the door opens.

I looked up and my eyes immediately landed on the suitcase that was in his hand. I slowly looked up from the black suitcase to meet his wide eyes.

August looked down at me with a surprised look on his face. "W-what are you doing here?" His voice cracked as he looked at me. His circle framed glasses were falling slightly.

"What are you doing?" I asked, ignoring his question. My brows knitted together. August looked over my shoulder like he couldn't even look at me.

"I'm leaving." I almost laughed at his response. He's joking. He has to be joking, right? I shook my head. "You're not leaving." I was hoping it was a joke, that he was playing a prank or just lying, but when I could tell he was serious, I pulled away from him.

Like he was a deadly disease, I moved away from him. I see sadness in his forest-colored eyes.

"So what?" I paused and tried to collect myself. "You were just going to leave and not tell me?" My chest clenched at the thought of him leaving. I don't even know how long he is leaving for. Maybe it's just a few days. Maybe it's just for a week.

But why didn't he tell me?

Because why would he? It's not like he cares about you.

No, he cares.