56| you own my heart

It's already bad enough that I'm almost died, but to learn that someone tried to fucking kill me is a whole other thing

It's already bad enough that I'm almost died, but to learn that someone tried to fucking kill me is a whole other thing. I sat on August's couch as he cooked dinner. Tomorrow I have to go to the police station.

I pull the blanket that August let me use around me. It smells like him. which helps calm my nerves but not my thoughts.

I don't know anything about my current police case. I thought I just lost control of my car, but now everything makes sense.

My car, not stopping when I hit the brakes. I thought that I was just imagining it due to the panic, but no. Someone tried to kill me.

How am I supposed to even handle that? I've watched so many murder documentaries and crime shows that I still don't think something like this is possible.

Why does the universe keep doing this shit to me? Does it think it's funny, because this shit ain't funny if you ask me?

"Trouble." I turn toward the familiar voice. August set a plate in front of me. "I know it's not dinner. I was going to make it tomorrow morning for you, but then all of the stuff that happened today happened." I look up from the plate of homemade donuts and then at him.

God, I'm so in love with you.

August stopped his rambling, and his hazel eyes widened. "You love me?" My heart stops when I finally realize that I said it out loud. "I'm sorry, I know it's too soon, but I didn't mean to."

I meant to keep it in my head, but the universe just loves to fuck with me. I stop talking when a smile takes over his full lips.

With his hooded eyes, his gaze drops to my lips then back up to meet my eyes. "I've been in love with you since I met you." He leans forward to kiss me, his lips claiming me.

His body pressed against mine, causing my body to heat.

His lips don't leave mine as I lean back on the couch. The kiss deepens as his tongue caresses mine.

My heart beats at a dangerous pace, making it hard to even think straight. He pulls away slightly to look at me.

I stare up at him. A seductive smile resting on his lips. "Should I mention I like you in this position too?" I roll my eyes at him.

I grab him by the shirt, pulling him down to me. He moans into my mouth at the action.

August's hands slip under my shirt and move up my stomach, careful not to touch any of my stitches. My body aches for him.

I crave the familiar feeling when his body touches mine. I crave the fire that seems to ignite itself whenever he is close.

"Fuck taking it slow, pretty boy. I need you." I say breathlessly, my mind turning to mush when his hands sweep up my body. I shudder underneath him as his finger brushes my covered nipple.