8

"Hey," Ashtray's stone-faced expression was quickly replaced with a small smile. "Stop it, I'm fine," I groaned, he was pitying me I could sense it. "I just wanna make sure you're good," he frowns a little. "Yeah, I've gone through the motions already. I'm fine really," I laugh walking past him into the house. I see fez laying on the couch smoking as usual. "On shit, Nyah," he sits up and smiles, "how you been?" I reply with a good and we chat briefly about how a group of people were about to start a search party. Crazy what teens will do just to find out what isn't their business. Ashtray quickly gets bored of me and Fez catching up and drags me to his room.

"This week has been hell without you," Ashtray sighs and falls onto his bed, back first. "Yeah well, this week has been hell." I laugh, trying to ignore the cryptic message he just said. He's so confusing. "My uncle wants me to pick a sport to try focus my energy elsewhere," I sit on his bed. "And it's like a McKay thing I guess. Chris obviously plays football and Roy and Troy with basketball," "so what do you plan to do?" He turns to observe my face. "I'm torn. I want to go back to ice skating and dance but then I also want to get back into volleyball. Decisions are so not my thing." I huff frustratedly. "Then I'll make the decision for you, I say ice skating. I wanna see you on the ice," he grins cheekily. "Ice skating it is," I return the smile. "Ash, we got business to attend to," Fez yells from the living room earning an eye roll from the tatted boy. "Fuck sake," he groans getting up and nods his head in the direction of the sore indicating me to follow.

"Yeah what?" I see Rue laying on the couch high on... something. "Nyah? You're here," she smiles and I laugh. I'll tell her about everything when she's sober... or less high. "We gotta meet Custer," he looks at me, who is standing sheepishly behind Ashtray, for a second then continues "you know because of our situation. He says he got someone he wants us to meet," my face furrows with confusion. "It's calm, I told Nyah. She's cool bout it. I tell Custer to send me the addy," he responds. "So I guess I'll see you when you get back?" I look down. I just got here. "Nah you coming with, ma," he says locking the back door and checking the cameras one more time before we get in the car. "Yo, it-it's up here on the right." Says near after Fez drives for 30ish minutes. "You know the rules. Cut your young ass up, leave you in pieces, now be deceased. Lil' Kim, don't fuck around with the real G's. Quick to snatch yo' ugly ass off the streets, so fuck peace. Let the Westside ride tonight." Rue sings loudly. Sitting next to her may not have been the best idea because she was being very touchy, but I didn't mind too much because she's my best friend.

Ashtray however was not in the mood, "Jesus Christ. Yo, can you tell her to shut the fuck up?" He says to Fez narrowing her eyes at Rue. "Yeah, Rue you gotta chill out back there for real. Me and Ash gotta handle some serious business right now, so." Fez says sighing and keeping his eyes on the road. "Yeah, for sure. No, I can do that. I can just stay back here. It's real comfy." "You good ma? You been hella quiet?" Ashtray turns to check on me and I mutter a yeah and a small smile. When we arrive I look at the surroundings. It was a fat motel looking place but there was something eerie. I see a man and some thin blonde barbie looking chick with the biggest lips I've ever seen. "Who the fuck is this bitch?" Fez looks her up and down in uncertainty. I look at Rue who's singing a song that's she's probably hearing in her head and when I listen back to Fez and the man I realise I missed some of the conversation. "Whatever, man. Let's just do this." Seemingly pissed off about the situation.

"Faye... In the car." The man says who I assume is Custer, "OKay!" The perky blonde-haired girl says and sits next to Rue who is quickly coming down from her high. "Ten, 20 minutes tops, all right? Y'all just please stay in the car. No fuckin' funny business. Let's go." Fez says to us girls then indicates to leave to the boys. Ashtray nods to Fez and comes up to my window which I roll down "Nyah, be safe okay?" Worry fills his face and I give him some weak reassurance with a small smile and they walk away. "Hi, I'm Faye." the plastic barbie says, " Yo, fam, uh, Rue. How's your New Year's goin'?", "Nyah," I say dryly. I really had no interest in conversing with her. "What?" She stares at Rue like she's crazy. Yeah, cause SHE'S the crazy one. "New Year's," Rue repeats and I roll my eyes. "It's fucking New Year's?" Her jaw drops, "I believe so." Rue gives me THE look. (That look when you look at your friend and just know you two are both judging) "What?" Faye says and I sigh loudly getting noticeably irritated at the girl. "New year." Rue tries again. "I swear my boyfriend doesn't tell me anything," Faye complains. I don't even have the energy for a snarky remark.