2

"Okay Rue, I'm gonna drop you off now. Stay out of your mama and sister's way until you come down from your high then I'll pick you up for the party. okay?" I coo to her as I take her to her room. She mumbles a yes then starts to play with some imaginary kittens she's hallucinating. It's funny because she was a year older but I always felt like the big sister, paying for her shit and taking care of her. I didn't mind though, being an only child was a bit lonely. I leave her on her bed, and to no one's surprise she passes out (A/N I mean asleep not like.. yeah) straight away and I kiss her forehead as my way of saying bye.

"Oi, Nyah you on your way and you got a set of clothes to change into or out of? There's a lot to do and the guys aren't helping set up." Chris groans into the phone as drives onto the street of his house. I already knew he didn't want to throw the party but he was so easily coerced by skanky Nate Jacobs. He really got on my nerves but he also terrified me. Really terrified me. "Yeah, I just remembered I put my fit in the boot. Past time me knew I'd forget, I guess and I'm literally pulling up to your curb right now. See you in a bit hoe." I hang up and park on the side of the house so I don't block the entrance for later and have easy leaving access in case.

I grab my shit from the boot and knock on the door to see Troy open the door. "Hey Thing 2," I giggle and put my things down to dap him up. "Hey lil sis, I've missed you," he says and we converse in small talk. He helps bring some of the 15 bags of drinks inside and I take a moment to reminisce the familiar decor. I missed this. "Nyah!! Get your ass over here," I hear Chris yell from upstairs and Troy and I look at each other and race up the stairs. I missed this too. I put my shit in the guest bedroom and grab the key for the lock from a random cabinet in the office as instructed by Troy. "Hey McKris, as if I haven't been to your house in so long." I go greet him with a hug and see a bunch of white boys I've never seen before, Troy and Roy and you guessed it... Nate. At this point, he's following me I'm certain. "Hey McNatty," he chuckled pulling me in closer for the hug. "I missed your dumbass you know," he continues and I tell him I did as well.

I sit down on the beanbag next to Roy since it is the only free one and the boys continue their conversation whilst scrolling on their phones. "Yo, so, Cassie's a whore. Fact." Nate says ruining our family moment. "No, she's not. Fact. She's not even that type of girl." Mckay fires back, sitting next to Nate on the couch. I observe Nate's face as he says, "Oh. Have you seen her slut pages, though?" I've wanted to punch someone so hard. Boys like Nate make me sick to my stomach. I may not know Cassie well but no girl ever deserves any kind of shaming, especially slut shaming."Cassie's on the slut pages?" Troy says followed by Roy who says, "Yo, we gotta see this shit." I roll my eyes. Chris retorts, "Yo, what are y'all even doing out the room, man? Go back downstairs, bro." As he should. I wanna say something but what the fuck do I even say. I'm not looking at the photos or videos because... well it's weird. "What?" The twins say. Chris says "Thing one and thing two. Get out." and I laugh quietly. Our family will never let them live that Dr. Seuss meme down.

"Yeah, I think I'm gonna go set up and shit." I was getting uncomfortable with where this conversation was going, I got up ready to leave. "Relax. No one gets here till ten." Nate rolls his eyes and continues to scroll on his phone. "Whether I like her or not is irrelevant. The fact is, she's a fucking whore through and through, bro." Nate and Chris keep going at their stupid and weird debate and I just end up zoning out. I'm starting to hate men... more than I already do. "For real, yo. McKay's about to start a Pinterest, guys. Just wait. Give it a minute. Yo, did you say you don't know what she's done?", Nate says. "No, I don't know," Chris replies. "Take a seat. You and I are gonna take a little trip to the land of shame, bro."

As soon as I hear the clapping and moaning I walk out and this time no one stops me. I was on a year below them and the way most of them objectified Cassie. I decide to get my mind off it by getting ready for the party and getting the drinks out of the car.