CHAPTER 88

Isabella's POV

My apartment is old but the view out of the window is amazing and soothing. I am sitting on a cane chair, looking out of the window, imagining what my life would have been if it was this beautiful.

Beautiful like this magnificent view of Paris.

But it isn't. 

I am living in an old building that has no elevator to ease my every morning exercise of going to a bookstore to get a new book to read for the day to keep me company or going grocery shopping.

My room is on the fifth floor and it isn't an easy task to get on the staircase from the ground floor up here with my protruding belly.

I try as much as possible not to go out, not only because I don't want anyone to see me, anyone who might recognize me as the billionaire's wife but also because taking the staircase down is tiring.

When I first got here, I enjoyed going out to the bookstore every day. I buy a book every day but now I have them stockpiled for a whole week or even a month.

I have no job and reading has become the only job I employed myself for with no pay. I can read a complete book in a day while other times, I read half of it before sleep overtakes me.

Aside from reading, I eat a lot and sleep a lot. I do my exercises indoors now and I watch movies when I am tired of reading or straining my eyes to read.

At night, when the light of the apartment has been cut off sometimes, I watch movies on my phone.

Netflix is the next best thing that has happened to me. Netflix alone is boring, though all these affairs take my mind off my pathetic life.

I have been doing so well in the months since I left America. Sometimes, I miss home, other times, I feel happy for making this decision.

I remember Jayden every single day, every single moment of the day, every second, even when I am asleep.

I dream of him.

Last night, he was crying in my dream. I don't know how Helena looked physically but I saw a woman turning her back to Jayden and me while he was crying. I figured she must be Helena.

She didn't turn back but she looked unhappy with her sagged shoulder. Then I heard the cries of a baby and Jayden went ballistic.

I don't know what to make of this dream. I have never had such a nightmare in the past few months since I have been staying here, hiding here.

All I dream of is Jayden smiling. Seriously. Or about the sex that led to all of this.

Even if I don't want to be reminded of him, won't this baby kicking inside remind me about him?

It will.