CHAPTER 23

Isabella's POV

Today's outing is half-productive.

Grandma is still mad at me even after she threw the door open to allow me in after several minutes of sitting still on the porch where I fell with tears in my eyes.

I didn't dare to stand up and leave. I wanted to talk to her. I wanted to tell her everything and how it happened.

She was aloof.

When she allowed me in, she sat down without facing me and I kept on ranting till I fell asleep.

Grandma didn't say a single word to me.

When I woke up, there was lunch in front of me and I quickly ate without bothering to look for her.

I waited for her to show up until this evening when I decided to just come home.

Jayden had texted to ask me why I canceled the shopping appointment with his Assistant.

I really do not know why he wants us to go together. Is it because he doesn't trust me enough with his credit cards? Is it because he wants her to monitor my spending?

I am not extravagant and I plan to get just a few clothes. I won't be making much public presence and I don't need many clothes.

I no longer have a friend to visit or a friend to follow me shopping.

I didn't tell Jayden that I was going out. I don't know if it is necessary since we are just man and wife on paper and what we do personally shouldn't be of anyone's concern.

I didn't reply to his text, I just came home straight.

I realize I have my clothes scattered when I got home and I am quietly folding them back into my suitcase so I can ask Paulina to help me take them to my room.

I haven't been home since morning and I don't even know the room yet. I hope to see Paulina when I am done folding my clothes.

I was in a hurry to leave for Grandma's place this morning. Jayden left the house at 6 am so I quickly took a bath and search through for a dress to wear, thereby scattering the few clothes on the floor.

If I was a real wife, my clothes ought to be arranged in the closet opposite Jayden's King sized bed. I have never seen a glassy closet before in my entire life. In fact, I have never seen a walk-in closet in my life.

Seeing Jayden's type of closet is enough evidence of how filthy rich he is. He gets dressed in front of the closet because it has two sections. It has the mirror section and the clothes section.

The closet is just so beautiful and massive and I wonder how a man can have so many clothes stocked in his room when I have only been seeing him in nothing but suits and tuxedos.

I would really love to have a closet like this too. It doesn't have to be as big as Jayden's but I envy the glassy feature of the closet. If I have it, I don't need to have a dresser anymore.

But on second thought, it doesn't look feminine. I guess it was basically made for a male.

I sigh when my mind drifts back to what happened this morning. If I had known that my mother wouldn't say a word to me, I would have left ever since she slammed the door in my face and gone shopping instead of disappointing Jayden's Assistant who has been so excited to meet me.

I am not excited. Just curious to know who my replacement is.

Even though Grandma was mute all through, I am glad I have gone past the first phase with her. The phase of distaste and intense anger.