CHAPTER 11

Isabella's POV

Grandma's hovering eyes are all over me, monitoring my every movement. She hasn't asked me a single thing since yesterday when Jayden came to tell her of his intentions to marry me in two weeks.

I know she was shocked beyond words but her silence is killing me.

As much as I don't want much interrogation, I want to know what she thinks and if she will support me.

I can never tell her that this marriage is just for a year and there is a contract involved. She won't understand my reasons and she will be mad at me. 

How can I possibly tell her that I will be married for just a year, not because I love this man but because I need money from him? How can I tell her that I will be divorced after a year and then I can begin to start my life afresh?

She would never understand that I am doing this for her and this is the sacrifice I am making for her to live again and be able to use her legs.

She has always been dreaming of that day when I would come home with that special someone who will come for my hand in marriage just like it happened with my parents but I guess Jayden falls short of her expectations, either because he is rich and she is scared of his wealth or because of the sudden interest in me.

I have a feeling grandma wasn't convinced enough or perhaps she doesn't trust Jayden.

She is instinctive. She knows something is amiss but she can't figure it out. I have been trying my very best to avoid her.

Not able to concentrate any more on the novel I am reading titled "The Billionaire's Unwanted Bride", which is somehow related to what is about to happen to me, I drop the book.

I picked this book up from the bookshop I went to yesterday because of the title. I am going to be a billionaire's wife too very soon and I am also unwanted. I want to know what happened to the billionaire's bride who was unwanted by the billionaire.

Getting to where the billionaire was treating her harshly made my heart sink so low that I feel like the same thing is going to happen to me too.

I inhale and exhale deeply before turning over on my stomach to find some sleep. This is all I have been doing for days; eating, taking care of grandma, strolling out, and sleeping.

I miss my job so much. I wish I can still retain my job despite being the soon-to-be wife of my boss but I know he won't even give me a listening ear.

My major problem now is the noise that comes with getting married to someone influential and popular as Jayden Russell. He was ranked the youngest billionaire last year and everything that concerns him is always on the news.

I want to speak to him about our wedding. Since he is doing this to please his mother, I won't mind being a secret wife to the public.