CHAPTER 45

Isabella's POV

Jayden has been extremely cold towards me ever since the day I asked him about Helena.

Well, I never knew it was a big deal to ask about her but the moment I saw his expression, I knew it was more than a big deal and my curiosity to know who she was intensified.

I do not know why. I just want to know why Jayden looked like someone who could kill when I mentioned her name.

Obviously, she isn't just anybody. I thought she was one of the exes he would like to talk about. I was very much interested in knowing about his love life and why he doesn't believe in love anymore.

I was so sure he used to believe in love and he was in love with someone. Probably her.

Helena.

Helena.

I always think about her anytime Jayden comes home with this same cold expression and anytime he ignores me as if I am not in the same room as him.

I ought to ignore him too. But I can't. I should probably start now. At least it will ease everything. This is our third week already and we still have a long way to go.

If I begin to ignore him, then what are we going to make of this marriage? 

Nothing!

Well, this marriage isn't for anything tangible. For me, it's just the money.

It will be so hard for me to pretend as if we are fine outside when we aren't. Pretending is not an easy task.

Sometimes, I want to hate Jayden for putting me in his situation. This is a very difficult situation and it's all because I need money. He should at least make it worthwhile by being kind to me just like he was that night.

The night we went out on a date with Alex and how he got ice cream cones for me and even apologized to me for his harsh behavior.

Can he always be like that?

I wish he could because that night, I saw a different Jayden. The one who could love. The one who was kind and affectionate. The one who was caring.

Not this cold man who just walked into our matrimonial room like a warrior going out to a battlefield.

The distant look is still on his face and to be honest, I am bothered because he looks sick.

Sometimes, whenever I wake up to take a piss in the middle of the night, I see him awake, probably in bed with his head on the headboard or the sofa, staring into space.

The first night I saw him sitting that way, I was damn scared. He was pale all over like someone who was talking into the night with a ghost.