53

Andrew spoke up. "My mom was the most beautiful woman, she was just like an Angel so pure and kind-hearted. She always thought me to be helping and kind. She loved my father so much. My father wasn't a rich man, he was a middle-class man, but he was really handsome. He was the strong pillar of our beautiful family. He thought me what hard work is. My father loved my mom so much, they both fell in love during their college period. They studied in the same college. They both were my life."

He smiled remembering them.

"It was my birthday when he first showed up. I was about to turn twelve. I was so excited about my birthday. My father introduced me and my mom to him. He met my father in one of the parties at my fathers restaurant. He was such a nice and friendly person I instantly became close to him, he started visiting us more frequently and always brought my favorite things for me as a gift. There wasn't a single time in which he didn't bring anything, he'll always pamper me and play with me, and he would spend hours at our place. But during vacations, he'll go for touring."

He heaved a sigh and continued, Chloe was quietly listening to him, because for her it was the first time he was opening up.

"As time passes he became my role model because he was the best at everything, I started getting attached to him, even more than my father. He was a respected man, his personality holds power. He'll always use to say that "If you want it, then work for it and have it by hook or by crook" but at that tender age I couldn't understand the meaning behind his words."

There was a faraway look in his eyes, Chloe couldn't understand who he was talking about but stayed silent.

"As the days passed he became just like a family to us. He wanted to start a business with my father, but my father didn't have enough money. My father worked as a manager in one of the cafes. His income was enough for our family, to fulfill our needs. But he somehow convinced my father to start our own business with him. He encouraged my father to ask for money from one of his known friends. My Mom was pregnant at that time. She was the least bit favored in this business partnership thing. She tried to stop dad but dad didn't want us to live like his. He wanted to give us a good life. My father took one million dollars from that friend of his on the promise of returning the money after two years. With that money they started their own business of import and export which was really beneficial in their favor. Everyone was happy, my mom gave birth to a beautiful girl. Her name was Lucy. The moment she was born she became the heart of our family. Slowly and gradually they build an empire they both became the most powerful business men just with in a year. Everything was going good. But..."

His voice was void and Stoic. It was like he was back in time.

"Things started to take an ugly shape when he started gambling, behind my fathers back he was running a small drug business under the companies name. When, my father got to knew about it. He tried to stop him, but he was more out of control so my father broke the partnership between them. There was a great loss in the company's stocks. Due to this a single company was divided into two and became two different companies. During the time our William's company rises up, but he was completely doomed he lost all his money in gambling. Still, my father was kind enough to gave him shelter in our home but that was the biggest mistake."

His voice was shaking because of the anger his hands were clenched into fists.

"Next day I was woken up by a horrified scream. I ran towards the voice but my heart dropped seeing my father laying on the f-floor in his own b-blood. A horrific cry vibrated through my chest. I made a dash towards my father in my hysteric cries. But was stopped by a piercing cut through my arm, my body hit the floor. That's when I looked at the source my vision was still blurry with tears. With much difficulty I looked around me ,my mom was tied to a chair, head bleeding and b-bruises on her face, her c-clothes were torn from the different places. She was looking lifeless, staring in space. My sister Lucy was in a hold of that person whom I considered my role model he was holding a knife on Lucy's throat. M-my mind stopped working. I- I was unable to understand what was happening. I tried to stand but again fell down when he sliced my back a scream left my throat. He was laughing like a maniac. I can hear my mothers pleading voice. She was asking him not to hurt me or my sister."