45

He was sitting near the fire place, when he saw a silhouette figure ascending down the stairs at this hour of the night.

First he thought it was an invader, but that silhouette figure was of a woman. And when light reflected the features of that person he froze in his place.

Because that woman was non other than Chloe, she was moving with steady steps in order to not woke any one up from their slumber. And for some odd reason he felt happy by seeing her coming out of her room.

All this time he only saw her when she was soundly sleeping at night. He will always visit her room when she was asleep and will pass all his night while staring at her sleepy form. Because that is the only time he could stay beside her.

She slowly moved towards the kitchen without noticing his presence, to which he was very thankful of.

He silently followed her into the kitchen and hide behind the door observing her intently from a far.

He could easily tell she was searching for something. The first thing that came in his mind was that she might be hungry.

But when he saw her smiling like a sadist while looking at a knife all the blood drained out of his veins and his face became pale.

No she wouldn't!

Was his mind telling him but his instincts were saying another story. When, he saw that she closed her eyes at that time he knew she is going to do it.

Fear was gnawing at his heart. He felt like someone is going to take his life at that moment. Sweat beads formed on his forehead just by thinking of what she's going to do. It was as if someone is going to tear his heart apart from his flesh with their bare hands.

He couldn't even handle the thought of her leaving him. Then how could she think of taking herself away from him. He won't let that happen. Why she even thinks about such an absurd act.

He knew her condition is delicate mentally as well as physically, he can't just make her understand through force that her actions are wrong. She won't understand it. He has to handle her psychologically.

With pacing heart and Steady steps he approached her, when she lifted the knife to cut her wrists he was fast enough to hold her wrist where she was about to cut herself. In the process he got a deep cut on the upper side of his hand. He flinched because of the pain but didn't utter a single thing.

After a minute or two when she opened her eyes, he saw how her facial expressions were confused at first, but then they changed into that of horror.

He could see her lips moving as if mumbling to herself that it was her imagination. But not a single voice could be heard. At that fleeting moment he thought he shouldn't have showed himself to her. But then she would have been successful in killing herself. In simple, it was do-or-die situation for him.

Some day he has to show himself to her. He can't just stay hidden from her all his life. He has to show up then why not today.

He has given her enough time to compose herself and now it's time for him to take the matters in his own hands. He will earn her forgiveness and will give all his love to her. He will do everything in his will to make the things to fall into it's right place.

He saw her posture became stiff and her eyes expands more when she realized that this was no hallucinations of her but is a complete reality. Her breathing became sparse and she started to hyperventilate. The knife fell down from her other hand. She was about to faint due to less intake of oxygen. She closed her eyes.

But....

Instead of feeling a hit from the hard floor, she found herself being engulfed in a warm embrace. And soothing words can be heard from the person who was holding her as he was rubbing her back in a comforting manner, while his other hand was in her hairs caressing them.

Breath!

It's okay, your fine!

Breath 1 2 3

Yeah! Easy just like that.

Relax! Princess...

Breath 1 2 3

The voice was just a mere whisper. It was calming for her slowly and gradually she regained her breathing in a normal pace. But she didn't move back neither she opened her eyes. She felt at ease. When ever that person would say breath 1 2 3. He would inhale a large gulp of oxygen then exhale it. Due this his chest will rise and fall in a rhythmic manner and her head was laying just on his chest where she was listening to his heartbeat.

Her mind became hazy because of the lullaby of his heartbeat and in few minutes she was sound asleep on his chest.

When he felt her relaxing a bit in his embrace, he continued to say calming words while rubbing her back. At that moment he knew that she didn't know who was holding her. Because, if she had known she won't be this calm.

When he felt all her weight on him. He closed his eyes and let out a sigh of relief knowing that she fell asleep. His hand that was caressing her hair was still bleeding. But he didn't pay an ounce of attention to it.

He lifted her up in his arms and carried her up all the way to her room. He gently laid her down on the bed and placed the duvet on her covering her body to protect it from the cold.

He gently held her hand in his and kissed her palm lightly while whispering.

"I'm sorry Chloe for all the things I did and I know I'm not worthy of your forgiveness. But still I'm sorry."

He gently kissed her forehead and spoke.

"I will tell you everything, I can no longer keep you in dark. I will not keep any more secrets. I will win your heart Chloe. And I'll do anything to earn your forgiveness."