47

She was completely engrossed in deep thoughts, when the door to her room opened after a slight knock. She was a bit relieved thinking that it was her food that was brought by either Jess or Eli, but to her complete dismay. It was non of them, instead their in front of her standing, was her so called husband Andrew Williams, holding a tray of food in his hands along with her medicines.

When she saw, who it was all the blood drained out of her system making her skin go pale as ice. She abruptly stood up and moved to the other side of the room.

He saw her, how her eyes became wide in fear after seeing him again in her room. All he wanted to do at that moment was to hold her in his embrace, and take all her pain away. He quietly closed the door behind him and placed the tray of food on the bed side table.

He was a bit happy that she did not have panic attack this morning after seeing him in her room, it was his first achievement, but still there is a lot to achieve. With a gentle smile he looked towards her, who was trying to hide herself in the wall.

"You did not come downstairs for breakfast, so I brought it here for you. Have it."

With that said he gave her a genuine smile and left the room. Even though he wanted to sit beside her and feed her himself, but this isn't the right time.

She could not understand his such behavior, even though he was giving her a gentle smile, all she could see was his evil smirk. His this manner was not digestible for her. He is definitely up to something. Because of everything that happened to her, she could not think straight, but rather trying to think like him, which is impossible for that little naive brain of hers.

After that he did not come in her room but rather watched her eating her breakfast from his monitor screen, with the help of cameras. He has been watching her from morning, because he was scared that she might try to harm herself again. But until now she has not done anything suspicious, which simply indicates that she is in her senses now.

Dr. Jennifer came to visit Chloe and just by looking at Chloe's scared form, she knew that something was definitely wrong. until now Chloe only let Dr. Jennifer to get close to her. Dr. Jennifer would ask her how her day was spent and whatever she did. But every time Chloe would stay quiet and will use a pen to write in a notebook, with a single word answer. "Okay "

But today she did not just write okay but instead she wrote.

"He came!"

It was enough for Dr. Jennifer to know whom, she's talking about. She tried to ask her more but Chloe didn't write anything else. But what surprised the young doctor was that, Chloe didn't have a panic attack while talking about him and it is a good sign for her improvement.

Dr. Jennifer then confronted Andrew to ask him about the events that took place in the last 24 hours, and to her surprise he told her everything calmly. She was a bit shocked to know that Chloe tried such thing but it was normal for a person in her condition to think like that. After hearing the complete scenario, she spoke.

"I still think you should stay away from her for a while, she hasn't properl-"

She was cut off by Andrew's harsh voice. "I know what I'm doing Doctor."

That was enough for young doctor to keep quiet, with a slight nod the doctor left.

It was almost one in the morning, Chloe was about to lay on the bed when the door to her room creaked open, she couldn't make out the figure of who it was but when the person came closer and the moon light hit his features, she stopped breathing.

Andrew was standing near the bed. He didn't want to scare her at this hour of the night but this restlessness, of her harming herself again, wasn't letting him calm down.

"We need to talk!" He said.

She just stared at him with terrified gaze. She was unable to register his single word as her eyes were on his injured hand, she inhaled sharply. He has not punished her yet for that act of hers. Is he here to punish her?

She was in her own world, when he caught her looking at his wound. He immediately understood, what she was thinking. She was scared that he will punish her for this act of hers. And that was also necessary for him. As much as he did not want to do it, he can not help it. He has to confront her on this topic and make it clear for her to not to pull an act like this again.

His features and demeanor changed into that of an angry one, and he marched towards her. When she saw his features changing into that of dark one, she abruptly hopped off the bed and hold her trembling hands in the air, her palm facing him, indicating him to stop. But he did not stop until he was standing an arm length from her. Tears started to form in her eyes. His eyes soften but he did not let it show. He spoke in a calm threatening voice.

"Why did you do that?"

With each step he took forward, she took two steps back. Tears blurred her vision and her body started to tremble. There was only one thing going in her mind.

He'll do it again...

When her back hit the wall, she gasped in horror. He was standing at a distance of an arm length from her, she was scared out of her wits.

"Will you hurt yourself again?"

He inquired in a normal voice this time, as if talking to a kid. But she was in another trance, she was waiting for his next move, with trembling hands she started to cover her body, as if his going to tear her dress apart. Hiccups started to leave her parched throat.

The moment her red teary eyes met with his, the land beneath him vanished into ashes.