Chapter 8

Naomi
Night Before Flight 11:15pm to Jamaica.

I was laying in bed with a silk button up shirt FaceTiming Don. He didn't answer I called him three times with no avail.
I rolled over and went to sleep.

Unread message 1:23am
Don Daddy: sorry baby. Handling business right now. I love y'all.

It was 6:30 am I was up getting ready for the plane ride. A knock sounded at the bedroom door. I peaked out and noticed it was my mom.

"Good morning ma!"

"Hey Naomi. Remember when I said last night that Kayce has been by here looking for you?"

"Yeah. Wassup?" I came out the bathroom nervous.

"He called last night."

"And?" I said sitting down next to her. "What is he here? You better not tell me he's coming!" I snapped.

"No he's not coming. Honey he's not here. Can you tell me what's going on?" Concern was all over her face.

"Ma I'm just here to enjoy a vacation with my family. I work hard I want to relax." I said trying to change the subject.

"Naomi hush you've been spoiled your whole life." My mom flicked her hand at me.

"Stop! I'm really not trying to go there with you! At all!!" I was really trying to avoid this mess.

My mom sighed. "Na I'm just trying to be of assist if I can. Kayce called last night and talked to me about you. He said you've been gone ever since y'all had a spat. Almost 2 months ago. He misses you a lot. He even said he misses you so much he thought he seen you having sex with someone in a parking garage??" She said the last sentence more like a question.

"Ma, I'm thinking about divorcing Kayce that's why he's doing all of this. Yes I did leave the house. We can't function in the same space." I'd never told my mom Kayce would physically abuse me. I was embarrassed to admit that to anyone. Don was the only one who knew.

"Why leave when your having his baby? Now is literally the worse time. Your gonna need the help." My mom looked genuinely concerned.

"Ma I'm fine. I can hire help. Or maybe you'd like to come over and stay with us for awhile." I said smiling towards her grasping her hand.

"Hire help. Pshhh! Girl please I'd be offended if I couldn't watch my grand baby." She put her arm around me.

"I love you baby. But remember Kayce has a lot of money."

I got up and walked to grab my LV toiletries bag putting it in my matching LV roller luggage.

"I paid for this trip ma, not Kayce. Men never could control me with money. Cause I got my own."
She got up and walked out of my room.

We arrived at the airport just in time for our flight. Me and Mya laughed the whole plane ride. When we stepped out of the airport the hot beachy air brushed against my skin. It was a bummer I couldn't drink but I still was going to have fun on this trip regardless.

Our resort was everything anyone could imagine. The views were immaculate! The rooms were beautifully decorated. I had massages and facials almost everyday. Sipped some good coconut water straight from the coconut. Lounged around at the pool with Mya. Ate the sweetest fruit Jamaica had to offer. We all went dancing. We had family dinner every night. I enjoyed myself thoroughly. But I couldn't help but notice I hadn't gotten any calls from Don. I was getting a little worried it's going on 4 days already. We fly back in the morning.