chapter thirty

I woke up in the back of Josie's car. I was disoriented and confused for a moment until the memories from last night came rushing into my head.

Groaning I pushed myself up and saw Josie asleep in the passenger seat.

I thought for a few minutes then remembered we came in here last night because we knew we were too drunk to drive and too drunk to be drove anywhere without puking.

I remembered our little rendezvous and smiled a little to myself. I have got to stop drinking, it makes me way too horny every time.

Josie started stirring in her seat and I watched her eyes open with the same disoriented view I wore just a few seconds ago.

"Morning." She said yawning.

"Morning." I yawned also.

I swear those things are actually contagious.

"So we're not going to be weird about last night right?" She asked turning around to face me with a smile on her face.

"Right." I confirmed, laughing a little.

"Breakfast?" She asked while pulling herself together and gathering all of her stuff.

"Yes please." I answered, "My stomach is killing me."

-

We pulled in to the first breakfast spot we could find. It was pretty empty which I was thankful for because I couldn't deal with large groups of people right now.

A blonde waitress came to our aid upon walking in and led us to our seats

"What can I get you guys to drink?" She said in a chirpy voice.

"I'll have a sprite, thanks." I smiled.

"I'll have a sweet tea." Answered Josie.

She returned our smiles, handed us a menu, and was on her way.

"God my head is pounding." I pouted.

"Mine and yours both."

I felt around in my pocket for my phone to do my daily check of seeing if Milo has texted. But was met with text from Ariya instead.

when are we going to talk about this

this is so immature nicole

I rolled my eyes. Today was no different than yesterday. I know he said he wants to give me my space, but I miss him.

The waitress came back with our drinks and took our orders.

"I was surprised last night by you, I didn't know you were into girls." Josie started.

"I didn't know if you were either." I laughed.

"I think it's pretty obvious." She stated, pointing towards her outfit.

I rolled my eyes. "You never know."

"Also I know about your boyfriend, and you hooked up with me. So I'm going to take a wild guess and say you guys aren't doing too well?"

"He said that he wants to give me space to figure myself out, I had a little bit of a xans problem without even knowing it."

She looked at me apologetically, "So it was mutual then?"

"Yes but I still miss him like hell."

The waitress gave us our orders and we started to dig in to our food.

"Not to be in your business, but I saw you take a xan last night, I didn't know you were in recovery from it." She paused, looking hesitant as if she just brought up something she shouldn't have.

"Yeah, a lapse of judgement on my part."

"You know I had a bit of a drug problem myself last year, I know a really great spot than can help out."

I was suddenly feeling very thankful for a friend right now, I hadn't realized how long it's been to have a girl friend who cares about me.

Unless this ones pretending to damn.

I'm still pretty messed up over Ariya, I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the ways she has screwed me over to be honest.

I keep thinking and digging into my brain wondering if she has done something to me before, when we were in high school, and I just didn't notice.

"You know, that'd actually be great. Thank you."

She smiled at me, relieved at how I took it. "I'll show you to it when we're finished up here."

-

We finished our breakfast and we were now pulling up to a rehabilitation center.

It was huge. I've never realized how big these places are.

"This is it." She stated from the drivers seat.

"I think I'm going to check myself in today, or else I never will." I was gazing out of the car window trying to see what lay behind the tinted windows.

"You do whatever you need to do to get better, I'll be here for you when you get out." She smiled, placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

I gazed at the huge building that was soon to be my home for the next week, or more.