chapter twenty nine

for the first time, I woke up alone in Milos bed. He had already left for his family trip, I kept replaying his words in my head and I knew he was right.

No one without issues would rely solely on pills to get them through the day, I know I need to get some help, I just don't know where to start.

I also couldn't stop thinking of how I came to acquire the pills in the first place. Ariya is a medicine major, she knows damn well the side affects of Xanax as well as the addiction rate.

She had no right giving me those when she knew how desperate I was for everything to be over.

I shook myself out of my thoughts about my traitorous best friend and got ready for class.

I decided to wear mom jeans and a cropped sweater with my air forces.

The first step to feeling better is looking better.

-

The stares were starting to die down as well as the whispers which I was so grateful for.

"Is this seat taken?"

I looked up to meet eyes with the pretty red headed girl.

She had deep brown eyes and her hair was shoulder length, she had a septum piercing and was wearing layers of cute necklaces.

"It is now." I smiled and gestured for her to sit down.

"My name is Josie." She held out her hand which was scattered in rings and her fingernails were black.

"Nicole." I returned her handshake.

"Not to sound like an asshole but it just seemed like you needed a friend."

"That obvious is it?"

Laughing she replied, "Well there's a party tonight and I'm not going with anyone if you'd like to fill that spot?"

I needed some fresh air and something fun to do so what the hell.

"Sure that be would fun!"

She smiled and turned her focus to Professor Marianna who had just walked in and was writing on the black board

I didn't really pack party clothes when going to Milos so I was going to have to stop by my house.

I'll just make sure to go when Ariyas at work, I'm not looking forward to seeing her

-

My timing was perfect, Ariya wasn't home. I decided to grab a black leather skirt and a black cropped knitted sweater.

I made sure to trade numbers with Josie before leaving class so we could plan the arrival arrangements.

what time should i be ready?

I texted her while on the way down the stairs of my apartment, hurrying to get to my car on the off chance that I might run into Ariya. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and grabbed it to check her reply.

like an hour or so, should i come and pick you up?

that would be perfect :) thank you.

I sent her the location to Milos when I arrived and started getting ready immediately, I only had around 40 minutes now.

I slipped on the leather skirt which wrapped around me perfectly, I slid the light weight sweater onto my body and slid one of the sleeves off the shoulder.

I haven't gotten ready for something in the longest time and I couldn't help but feel excitement rushing through me at the idea of a party.

While I was doing my finishing touches to my hair there was a knock at the door.