chapter sixteen

I was going back home for the first time since the incident. I was honestly really scared. Ariya hasn't even attempted to reach out to me, which clarifies that she wasn't blacked out when she did it because if she didn't remember what happened she would be worried sick.

My brain was still processing all of the information Milo had given me. I would usually never believe a man over my best friend but it was under different circumstances.

I finally reached the door to my apartment and I was standing outside for what felt like ages, debating on if I was going to go in or not. I finally pulled myself together and gained the courage to open the door.

Ariya was sitting on the couch just staring at the floor. My entrance startled her.

We stared at each other in silence before I finally spoke up. "We need to talk."

She nodded and stood from the couch. "I know."

I walked towards her, "Go ahead."

She looked at me startled, she has never seen me this way. She has only ever seen the friend in me as I've always only seen the friend in her. Our bond feels torn and I'm praying for an explanation that will fix it.

"I don't know what I'm supposed to say Nicole."

My eyes fixated on her with anger and disgust. "Maybe start with how your lips ended up on the first guy I've opened up to since Chase?"

Her eyes widened, taken aback from my words.

"That's not what happened."

"Sure looked like it from my point of view."

She looked down, avoiding eye contact with me as she messed with her hands. "I was really drunk okay, I regretted it the moment I woke up in the morning. I wanted to text you but I know how you are, and I knew you would've wanted to cool off before speaking to me." She sighed. "That's the only reason I didn't contact you."

I knew she was right, but how do I go about this situation. I really like Milo and from what I heard he wasn't the one who initiated it, but Ariya is my lifelong friend. I don't want to lose her over a minor situation.

I gazed the room for any flowers and I spotted red dahlias on my kitchen table and a sephora package next to it, so that checks out. Milo wasn't lying to me.

"Why would you do that to me Ariya."

She once again dropped her gaze. " I was jealous Nicole, it's embarrassing for me to admit but that's the honest truth. I was drunk and sad so I took the opportunity when it arose and I know I was wrong so you have every right to be mad at me. I just don't want to lose my best friend."

I didn't want to lose her either. She was drunk, I wouldn't have done it to her but she's all I have, and if she says she's sorry I believe her.

"I don't want to either, just promise me you will never do something like that to me again."

She finally picked up her gaze from the floor and nodded, holding out her pinky.

I slightly grinned and returned the pinky promise.

It was definitely going to take me a while to fully get over this, but it's not like he was my boyfriend, also she was drunk.

"I'm going to go talk to Milo."

-

I was driving to Milos house.

Did I know why? No. Was I going to stop? Also no.

Even though I didn't act it, I was super relieved when Milo had explained it wasn't him. I was just expecting to be second choice to Ariya again, but for once, I wasn't.

He was really starting to have an effect on me.

Before I knew it, I was in front of Milos door knocking.

I heard some rustling from the other side then his tall dark frame standing in front of me. God he looked so good right now. He was wearing black sweatpants and his hair was wet, dripping water down his bare chest.

I forgot what I even came here to do.

"Nicole. Hi."

I lifted my gaze from his body to find a smirk on his face.

Fuck. He noticed.

"Hi, can we talk?"

He moved to the side, his back against the door, extending his arm for me to enter.

"Of course we can." He led me to the living room where he sat on the couch and I sat on a chair across from him.

"So I talked to Ariya."

I looked up to see his reaction. I knew if he looked tense he was probably hiding something but he just looked at me with understanding eyes.

"Everything you told me adds up. I'm sorry for assuming the worst."

He leaned up on the couch, placing his elbows on his knees. "Don't ever apologize. It looked bad and I understand that. I don't want to hear another sorry come from your mouth Nicole."

It was probably the wrong time for me to be horny right?

"Yes sir." I mock saluted

I saw his jaw clench.

Oh? What do we have here? A sir kink?

"I've really missed your presence Nicole. You should come to the lake with me this weekend. There's going to be a few friends of mine and tequila!"

I smiled at him, "Well how could I turn that down."

He grinned at me and stood from the couch, I did the same. He walked closer towards me and I could smell his fresh cologne.

"I'll pick you up on Saturday around noon then?" He was extremely close to me now.

I looked up locking eyes with him. "Yes sir." I grinned when he put his hand on my lower back pulling me closer.

"Stop that." He warned.

I kept my eyes locked on his, "Stop what?"

"You know what." Before I could reply he smashed his lips into mine. Taking his hand that was on my lower back towards my ass.

He pulled away looking deep in my eyes.

"You're going to be the death of me amore."