chapter twenty six

I woke up to a completely different surrounding and it took me a few moments to realize that I wasn't in my apartment but I was in Milos.

I'm still so grateful that he let me stay. I reached for my phone that was on the counter to the right of me.

My phone was full of text from Ariya:

nicole where did you go

did you seriously pack your things

please, you're being dramatic

we were supposed to talk

I just closed my phone and sat it back on the counter.

Milo was sleeping peacefully on the other side of me. I decided to get up and brush my teeth and hair. It would probably take me slightly longer to get ready than Milo anyways.

And even though I was fully dreading going back to school I was going to have to suck it up for this degree.

My family is already going through enough shock as it is, a college dropout daughter probably wouldn't do much for their stress levels.

As I was finishing up in the bathroom Milo walked in and hugged me from behind placing a kiss on my temple. "Good morning. Thanks for waking me." He said sarcastically.

"You looked so peaceful." I replied, returning a kiss on his cheek.

"Mhm" He grunted while reaching over me to grab his toothbrush.

"I'm going to go get dressed."

He looked me up and down, his eyes lingering on my bare legs a moment longer than the rest of my body.

I was wearing a black silk pajama set. The shorts gave little to imagination and the shirt was cut off at the brim of my stomach so there was a little slit where you could see my midriff. But what could I say the less the better when sleeping.

"Do you mind doing it right there?"

"You wish."

I ran off to find my suitcase and decided on something basic because what is the point of dressing up, I'm trying to hide.

I pulled out a pair of black leggings and a huge hoodie that my brother gave to me, okay more like I stole it, but not like he's going to recognize it's gone.

I slid the huge hoodie over my body and threw the hood on to see how much of me it would hide, after checking out its hiding status for a few minutes I decided it would do.

After I had put on my socks and was getting ready to slide on some shoes Milo came out of no where and picked me up from the floor.

It was a blur of motions but I was now straddling him from underneath while he held my waist, on the comfort of his bed.

"Okay good morning to you too." I laughed.

He lifted the hoodie a little to where he could see my waist and kissed me softly.

"You are aware we have class right?"

"Painfully aware." He groaned. "But it seems we still have..." He paused to look at an imaginary watch on his hand, "All the time in the world."

I looked right to the alarm clock which read '9:40'.

"Orrr 20 minutes, but I guess we could be a little late." I kissed his lips a little more roughly.

His hands were moving up and down my waist while his kiss got more and more rough.

My hands found his back where I decided to take off his shirt so I could have a view of his abs to get me through the day.

"Someone's eager."

"Shut up." I replied while running my hand down his chest.

"Watch your mouth amour." He whispered softly into my ear.

"Sorry sir." I whispered in reply while digging my nails into his back.

His jaw clenched and his rough hands pulled off the remainder of my hoodie. His mouth found its way to my chest where he sucked on my breast until he left a huge hickey on it.

"We'd better get going yeah?" He picked me up by my waist sliding me against the bed frame.

He sat back and admired his work on my chest.

"You look so good amour." He handed me my hoodie.

"I'm going to return the favor later you know."

"Be my guest."

-

We made it to class with only minutes to spare. As soon as we got comfortable and calmed down I decided to take a Xanax since I haven't had one today.

Looking into my pill bottle, I realized I'm running out.

Oh well, I probably won't need a refill. I feel like I'm getting better.

This class seemed to be dragging on, and for the first time I wasn't interested in what Professor Mariana was saying.

I still felt eyes burning into me every few minutes and I still heard voices whispering throughout the class room, but my hoodie was up and quite frankly, I couldn't give a fuck right now.

See no evil, hear no evil am I right?

I looked towards the end of our row where the pretty red head who had looked at me so apologetically last time I had seen her was sat. She was taking notes and every so often would shoot a dirty look at people whispering in my direction.

I turned my attention back towards the front of the class where Professor Mariana was packing up a bag and stacking papers.

I heard rumbling and the sound of moving people all around me. I had lost track of time but apparently class was finally over.

I got up and made to pack up my bag like everyone else was doing when I was interrupted by a sly, intimidating voice that belonged to the one person I have been blocking out the past 2 hours.

"Ms.Branson? Will you stay behind please?"

I gave Milo a confused shrug and he left without me, but was no doubt going to wait on the other side of the door for me to come and join him.

"Professor?" I questioned as I made my way down the steps toward the bottom of the classroom where she stood leaned against her desk.

"I was just concerned of all your absences, and then of your abrupt leave during my class last week." She spoke. Her dark eyes bore into mine like she was reading my mind.

"Oh, well I know this is no excuse and I'm not trying to weasel my way out of my responsibilities, but my father recently passed away and I guess I've just been dealing with it in my own way, and about the mid class leave I'm really sorry about that, personal issues." I blabbered, She made me really nervous with her intimidating stare and demeanor.

But as I looked up, her rock solid front softened, "I know that can't be easy but you have to be sure not to fall behind in your studies, it's school policy to have to kick out students who don't stay above the grading criteria, especially in classes like this. And it would be a real shame for me to have to remove you from this class because you seem like one of the rare few that genuinely care about the subject, it seems to be something you are passionate about. So just try to catch up, my office hours are on the door if you ever have questions or need help with anything, don't be afraid to ask."

"Thank you professor, I will work harder, I promise. I appreciate the heads up." I smiled at her and as soon as she returned it, I turned my back and raced to the doors.

It was nice of her to care and I'm glad she noticed that I care about the subject.

Just as I predicted, Milo was stood by the door on his phone awaiting my arrival.

"Hi handsome."

He smiled and grabbed me by my waist.

"What do you say we go back to my place and finish what we started?"

"Well I can't argue with that can I?"

A/N
so, how are we liking nicoles new living arrangements ? 😏