Chapter 34

"Ugh! This is so good" I say as I let the flavors explode in my mouth like heaven. I haven't had these for a while and I miss it. I've been bothering Elizabeth to cook this for me for like a whole month now so I'm so happy she finally caved in or maybe because its. just the fact that my mom is home

"Honey, slow down you'll choke on that." She pour me a glass of water and slides it in front of me making me smile with a mouthful of pasta before drinking half of the contents of the water washing the food down to my throat as I hear giggles from my ladies.

"So how was you're flight Deb" Elizabeth asks as she starts to eat her food.

"It's exhausting, but what surprised me was when Shannon came along followed by guys with cameras." I nearly choked on my food hearing that. I forgot to tell my mom not to bring that up anymore. I slowly look up to Elizabeth feeling her intense stare on me.

"That one is nerve-racking. They kept yelling and asking about-"

"Okay! that's enough now. We're not going to spoil this night okay so let's just enjoy." I said a bit loud before an awkward silence surrounds us. I quickly glanced at Elizabeth who already has a serious face on but try to fake a smile not to fucking spoil the mood but I think I will have an earful later on about me not telling her that happened.

"Deb, I'm really sorry you had to go through that. That should've never happened earlier." Elizabeth eventually says and I can feel that she's really uncomfortable with the thought of that and I partly blame myself that she had to know about it from my mom rather than me.

" Elizabeth eventually says and I can feel that she's really uncomfortable with the thought of that and I partly blame myself that she had to know about it from my mom rather than me

"Oh Lizzie, you don't have to apologize. That wasn't your fault. Its just new to me. Don't worry about it." My mom smiled. I look over to Elizabeth as she fakes a smile. If you really don't know her deeply, you wouldn't notice its fake that's good of an actress she is but I know her deeply and I can tell she's just trying to bring back the mood. which she did but I can still feel that she's upset with me because she only talks to my mom and not even a single glance at me. But I like that they're getting along pretty well.

After dinner my mom decided to have an early night said she was tired from the flight giving me the perfect chance to talk to Elizabeth because the silent treatment she's been giving me is killing me already. So when mom had gone to her room I immediately headed to the kitchen where I saw her cleaning up.
God this is so hard, I slowly made my way to her wrapping my arms around her waist as she dries up
the plates. She doesn't pull away or anything which is a good sign but still, she's ignoring me.

"Babe, I'm sorry. Can you talk to me now please?" I whispered as I place a kiss on her cheek. But she just kept drying the plates and like she didn't hear anything but I'm determined to talk to her.

"Sweetheart talk to me please." I said again squeezing her tighter this time making her sigh placing the plate down on the kitchen counter before turning around in my arms crossing her arms on her chest and gave me the intense stare.