Mugen Train Pt.2

"UMAI!"

"UMAI!"

"UMAI!"

(Y/n) watched amused as Rengoku devoured bento after bento like a starved man who never tasted food in his entire life. She knew the flame hashira simply liked to savor his meal. She believed he was a epicure. Someone who really loves food to the bone.

"The bento must be tasty if you really like it." (Y/n) chortled into her hand. Rengoku looked at her with his wide smile, "Mm! This food has been made by hardworking people! Nothing tastes better than food that has been made with labor and thought!!"

(Y/n) took the bento he was currently eating from, grabbing his chopsticks as she munched on the small food. Rengoku stared, pink hues decorating his cheeks. Indirect kiss! Does that mean she's infatuated with him too?

"It definitely has taste and that's the most important thing needed in food!" The (h/c)-ette pushed his bento back to him, a tiny smirk on her face, "I prefer sweets though."

"I'm sure you make quite the sweets then!"

(Y/n) laughed, nodding her head in agreement, "As a matter of fact, I do! I make sweets but I'm also a great cook. My brother is obsessed." She admitted.

Rengoku hummed, an image of the (h/c)-ette cooking her tasty dishes and sweets for him made his stomach flutter with butterflies. "Nothing makes me smile more than your love for sweets! I'm also super horny, but that's not the point!!"

(Y/n) turned her head away from the window, a confused look on her face, "What?"

"Nothing!" Rengoku quickly dismisses. It wasn't manly of him to admit he thought of (Y/n) as wife material. He needs to court her first. The flame pillar was well aware of the eyes she attracted everywhere she goes. Despite her blindfold obscuring her eyes, the rest of her visage was still gorgeous.

(Y/n) eyed him momentarily before sighing, turning to gaze out the window again.

A moment of peace was shared between them....except for Rengoku's 'UMAI's.' "My lady! You mentioned you have a brother?"

(Y/n) kept her gaze on the passing trees outside the window, reluctant to answer him, "You heard that, huh?" She chuckled, "Yeah, I have a brother. Older, actually."

Rengoku paid attention. He never heard (Y/n) talk about her family before, so he wanted to drink all this information in. The more he knew, the better he knows her. "Where is he? Why is he not with you?"

(Y/n) remained quiet, feeling mellow at the thought of her brother, "He's....not here."

"Hm? Then where is he?" Rengoku questioned, munching on his food, "UMAI!"

Sweatdropping, (Y/n) responded, "He's far away from me in a place I can't reach him...not yet....anyways." Rengoku paused, his wide eyes examining the (h/c)-ette for a moment before patting his lap, "Come! Sit on my lap!" He loudly said.

(Y/n) flicked his forehead, laughing as she stood up and sat on the flame pillar's lap, "I think the food has made you a bit drunk." She teased. Rengoku's smile brightened, "I don't think food can cause such a thing!" He took a bite of his food, "UMAI!!"

(Y/n) sighed, tapping the box she placed beside her, "Rui?"

"Hai, Onee-san?" A muffled reply came.

"Are you alright?" There was a hum in reply, "Don't worry, I'll let you out soon enough once we spot the demon. I have a feeling I'll need your help." She quietly told him, her tone kind and gentle.

"Of course, I'd do anything for you, onee-san." Rui replied with utmost dedication.

(Y/n)'s gaze swept to the cart door just as it slid open, revealing three familiar faces approaching just as Rengoku shouted, "UMAI!!"