Chapter 25

"So you've finally returned..."

"That's right... After all, we have something to discuss... Right father?"

Noah narrowed his eyes as he shoot daggers towards his father who was sitting behind the office desk. "Let me guess, it's about the company, isn't it?" "Noah...as we have already discussed many times already, I want you to drop this worthless university and start to work here. You are a Jefferson for God's sake." Spoke sternly his father as Noah looked furiously towards the floor.

"And as I've already said, I don't want to work for your company." With that, Noah turned around ready to leave the room but his father's next words made him froze in place. "You will never succeed like that! You are wasting our money and name, for what? For being a worthless photographer? You are a disgrace to the Jefferson family! Stop being stubborn and drop out of this damn university!"

Noah took a small breath and turned calmly to look at his father. A painful smile clearly visible on his face. "Then I guess I'll have to change my last name." With those final words, Noah left the room leaving behind the furious man.

Noah closed roughly the door behind him and let out a sigh. A sound of heels was soon noticeable as it stopped right in front of him. He raised his head and gazed towards the woman in front of him. "When will you stop this nonsense?" She spoke, her voice filled with authority. "I'll stop when I'm dead." A slap was heard as the woman glared daggers towards Noah.

"Do you understand what you are talking about?! Me and your father do anything for you! You have everything right in front of you, fame, reputation and this God damned company! Why do you refuse to take any of it?!" A short silence followed after as Noah stared into the void. "Why? It's because you and father refuse to understand and listen to me. You say that this is for my own good? Ha, funny... In my eyes, you guys never really cared about me." Noah said back to the woman and walked past her. "Goodbye...mother."

A small headache slowly appeared as he began to walk away making him frown. "Ah... I wish Liam was here now..." Noah though to himself as he finally walked outside of the company. "I want to call him..." With that, Noah brought out his phone and gave his boyfriend a call. The headache slowly worsening.

~~~

"Is he going to be okay? Should I give him a call? Just how bad is his relationship with his family?" Liam started to worry even more as the hours passed. Right now he couldn't even focus on his studies as he began to walk back and forth in anxiety. Just then, his phone rang causing him to visibly flinch. Liam took his phone into his hand and a short breath was let out once he saw the name.

"Hey Noah." "Hey..." Replied Noah with a sigh as Liam narrowed his eyes in deep thought. "You don't seem well. I assume things didn't go as smooth as we thought they would?" "You could say that..." A small silence followed after that until Liam finally made his decision. "Let's meet up." "Huh?" "Tell me where you are. I'll come to find you." "W-wait... Are you serious about this?" "I wouldn't say that if I wasn't sure." "Okay... I'll talk to my personal driver to come and take you. Just wait outside of the university." "Okay, see you soon."

~~~

"Liam..." Once I had got out of the limousine, Noah came immediately running towards me warping his arms around me in a tight and warm embrace. "It's okay, I'm here with you." I spoke softly also hugging him back. "Come on, let's go over to my house." He suggested and I looked at him with a questionable look. "Aren't your parents there as well?" "Yeah but they are both at work right now so we should be fine."

He explained as we both walked towards a very tall building, 3 times bigger than his apartment close to the university. "Come on." He motioned for me to enter as I was still looking astonished at my surroundings.

"Are you sure that it's okay for me to enter? What if something happens and your parents see me?" I voice my worries but Noah only gave me a gentle head pat. "I don't care. You are my boyfriend and they can't do anything about that like it or not." He said with a wide smile as I felt my face heating up. "Okay..."

~~~

We had both arrived at Noah's room as he had just finished explained his situation. "Wow... So you ARE famous. It never crossed my mind that you are the son of the famous Jefferson. That explains a lot." "Yeah..." "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I asked and he looked at me with an apologetic look on his face. "It was the fact that I was afraid that you would be like the other people. I didn't wanted to be your friend because I was famous, I wanted you to know me as Noah."

I nodded my head to his explanation as Noah looked down in shame. "I understand, it must had been really hard for you. To have fake friends because of your high status. But still, even after knowing each other for so long, even after being together, you could trust me." "I'm sorry..." "Don't be. I'm just saying that we should trust more each other. We are a couple aren't we?" I said and Noah brought me in another tight embrace. "I love you..." He murmured close to my ear and I started burning up. He says it more often now and I still can't get used to this.

"Shall we go out and eat something? I really don't want to stay in this damned house." He suggested and I nodded my head in agreement. "Sure, let's go." "It's a date then~" He said as we walked out of the room and down the stairs, but our smiles only vanished when we came face to face with two specific people.

"Tch, bad timing."