𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟺𝟾.

| 𝙳𝚊𝚢𝚟𝚘𝚗 𝙱𝚎𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚝

𝟷 𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚔 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 .

I smacked my teeth. "Mane look at me when um talkin' to you." My accent flowing out as I spoke to Alani who had a attitude.

She faced me giving me her full attention. "Von I told you, you don't have to do too much for my birthday it's not that big of a deal." She said to me as it went into one ear & out my other.

My face scrunched up. I called the lady over who was helping us. "yeah i want all 10 pairs of these." Von said speaking on some shoes.

Alani shook her head in shock.

He was taking her on a shopping spree because her birthday was the next day. He wanted to be sure she was looking right & felt it.

They had 5 car stops from how much Von was buying up stuff. But this was going to be the last of stuff he was buying for the time being.

The woman bagged all of the shoes up in two wide bags enough for only Von to hold which he was glad because he didn't want Alani doing anything.

He paid for the shoes & they left out the mall going to the filled up car.

"You're crazy." Alani said walking beside him laughing.

"Mmhm For you." He went then put the bags into the car.

They both now sat in the front seat of Alani's gifted Jeep.

Alani typed on her phone chilling in the seat waiting for Von to start the car & pull off. But he just stared at her.

She felt it so she looked at him.

"What's wrong?" She questioned.

"Inna sto you was sayin how like, you think yo birthday & shit aint no big deal why you think that?" Von wondered.

Looking away out the window she spoke. "I- I don't wanna talk about it." She bluntly responded.

"Yo birthday a big deal to me ma, you turning 19. A lot of muhfuckas aint make it too see 19 don't you think dassa blessin' ?" Von questioned rubbing her thigh.

"Then me & them should trade places." She quavered still with her face turned and her hands in her lap.

"I don't understand what's wrong?" Von fretted noticing her body language and change of tone.

She looked at him with tears in her eyes. Letting them drop.

Sighing as she spoke ready to tell why she hated birthdays or hers of course. She swiped her hands on her face making the tears go away.

"When I turned 13 My Mother planned me a huge party. Invited her work friends, the neighbors, her side of the family, my fathers side of the family, and then they invited people they wanted to bring. Anyway ... after they sung me happy birthday and I opened all they're gifts I had to get ready for bed because I had to go to school the next day. So I took me a shower and laid down. Meanwhile my mother was still partying with the people she invited and then they started playing loud music like this whole thing was meant for me why is you having a party now. So I shut the noise out going to sleep next thing you know I feel something touching on me. It was a man hovering over my body touching on my crotch & my breast. I played sleep the wholetime because I was scared. I didn't know what to do. but I knew what he was doing was wrong but I was afraid to ever speak up for myself." Tears flowed from her face as she told the story.