Chapter 5~Music helps The Mind

I sat in the corner of the bedroom as the others slept, my headphones around my neck. They glowed dimly as I went on Mark's computer. He let me borrow it for some "research". The night continued to go on as I had multiple tabs of weapons and tools. I pulled up a picture on the computer of the group picture on Minx's phone onto the computer and saw something else. Ty's arm was around my shoulder but I never remembered him doing that.

"Chris...?" I heard Krism say tiredly.

I put my finger over my mouth to signal her to be quiet. She walked over and sat next to me.

"Why are you still awake?" She said softly.

"Something's just troubling me..." I said rubbing my eyes.

I checked the computer's clock and it read four o' three.

"Well I'll help you." Krism responded and snuggled up to me.

I looked at her with my eyes closing then opened them widely again. Krism noticed and giggled a little. I opened the computer and the light was the only thing illuminating our faces.

"Why is that picture here?" The girl said.

"Do you see that?" I questioned, pointing at the item in Yami's sleeve.

She nodded then put her head on my shoulder. I remembered this feeling. It was a couple years back. Ty was in the place on Krism, I had my head on his shoulder and he put his head on mine. We slept so peacefully that night. Now it might happen again, early in the morning. I snapped back to reality and closed all the tabs and windows, then closed the laptop. Krism took out little rectanular box. She gave it to me and smiled.

"Here's another gift. Because I know you don't have anything to listen to with those headphones." Krism spoke with a soft and smooth tone in her voice.

She gave it to me and stood up. I looked up at her and saw a smile on her face.

"Now get some sleep." She ordered sofly then kissed my cheek.

My face became hot and red as she returned back to her bed. I opened the box quietly and what was inside made me grin. A blue ipod touch turned on in the palm of my hand with the apple logo on its screen. I plugged the cord into the Ipod's headphone outlet and put them on my ears. I swiped the screen to music and found it was preloaded with over two hundred songs. I smiled and looked up at Krism, who was already in her bed, sound asleep. I played the first song and drifted off to sleep, without caring about anything anymore.