xxii. i see you

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO:

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO:

I SEE YOU。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・

I SEE YOU
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:

...ARYA AND VALERIA sprinted through Dragonstone, hands entwined and spirits higher than ever as they descended down its' slated steps. Their precarious path barely skirted Daenerys's seemingly never ending supply of guards as they slipped onto that ashened beach, where a small boat (barely big enough for three, and as brackish and rotting as a wizened splinter of driftwood) lay waiting, a shining emblem of hope amidst that o' so dark night.

Valeria was surprised to see it inhabited — its' withered planks disrupted only by the armoured form of Ser Davos Seaworth, whom almost immediately lept upwards at the appearance of the two dishevelled girls, an explosive concoction of both shock and horror quickly filling him. Valeria couldn't help the faint chuckle that escaped her lips at this, raising a ring—clad hand to her shaking forehead as a single, fateful, realisation dawned upon her.

How foolish she'd been to think Arya capable of undertaking such a journey alone, and how naive she'd been to think the return trip an opportunity for quiet togetherness, a chance to love on (in every sense of the word) in the eye of that o' so terrible storm. Of course she'd had help, though even Valeria (ever the cynic) was forced to admit that the Onion Knight was in fact a most unlikely companion.

"Ser Davos." Arya, ever rebellious in the face of formality, simply ignored his gaping mouth — storming past him and onto the boat before extending a single hand towards, and thus tugging Valeria behind her, forcing her onto the thin plank of a seat next to her without so much as a second look.

"Lady Stark." He nodded — watching cautiously on as the notorious dragon princess, Valeria Targaryen, slinked onto his boat, as unaffected and brazen as her intimidating reputation had demanded. "May I ask what the Lady Valeria is doing with you?"

"You may not." Arya told him, and with a curt sigh, made a sweeping gesture to the boat's wizened set of oars — flashing Ser Davos an incredulous look. "What are we waiting for, then?"