ix. awfully bold statements

CHAPTER NINE:

CHAPTER NINE:

AWFULLY BOLD STATEMENTS。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

...THE NEXT EVENING was soon upon them, and Valeria Targaryen found herself dining with the Starks — rendered well and truly uneasy by the sheer awkwardness that hung stiffly in the air as Arya, Bran and herself were in effect held captive, and forced to listen to a particularly energetic Sansa as she o' so diligently outlined her opinion on every subject known to man.

To Valeria, Sansa's feat, whilst confessedly one of the most horrendous things she'd ever had to suffer through, did not go unappreciated, for it was no doubt undergone in an (albeit futile) effort to appeal to Valeria, and her friendship.

Sansa Stark was trying.

Despite this, for most Valeria has remained patiently silent, focusing solely on finishing, and then replenishing the cup of wine before her — only diverting her gaze from it to partake in odd bursts of tense eye contact with Arya (the highlights of Valeria's evening), who, since the night before, could not seem to burn the image of Valeria Targaryen's face from her mind — a fact that concerned her, and greatly for that matter.

Valeria listened politely as Sansa droned on and on, her fleeting attention only caught once in the whole three hour affair — just as she began to divulge her thoughts on marriage — and all the associated 'benefits'.

"...of course, I won't ever marry again — but I take it a match has already been arranged for you, Valeria?" She questioned, expectantly — and Valeria, who had certainly not been paying attention to whatever the fuck it was she was saying, simply furrowed her brows, shaking her head, and watching on as Sansa's eyes seem to light up, the cogs of her mind whirring at Valeria's answer, her thoughts made almost painfully evident as she stole a glance at her brother, Bran. "But you will marry?" Sansa pressed.

"If I feel like it." Valeria shrugged, fighting the urge to roll her eyes as she took a long, slow, sip of her wine whilst Sansa processed her words, evidently (and stupidly) as a small, yet irritatingly smug smile crossed her lips, and she leant forward, whispering;