Not a replacement (1)

8:00am - The 99th Precinct

~Third Person~

"Briefing Room, 5 minutes" Sergeant Jeffords informed the squad who all sat in the Break Room, having their coffees and early morning chats. Jeffords left a moment after, then the detectives: Scully and Hitchcock, Rosa Diaz, Charles Boyle and Jake Peralta, also there was Gina Linetti, Captain Holt's assistant, continued their conversation from before.

"Listen, you've just got to move on, Jakey." Boyle stated. "It took me a while to find the love of my life, soon Jake, you too will find someone, and you can bathe with them every night like I do with-" before Boyle could get lost telling his little anecdote, the room erupted in a chorus of groans from everyone.

"Thanks, Charles. But I don't think I'm ready." Jake answered his best friend honestly.

"You just need to get drunk, meet a complete stranger and bone" Diaz added from across the room. Jake smiled approvingly at her, and agreed that he would do that, once he is ready. Everyone then emptied out from the Break Room into the Briefing Room, where Captain Holt and Sargent Jeffords stood patiently.

"Morning. Today is a very important day, as a new detective will be joining our precinct. She has transferred from h/t, she should arrive here in an hour. I expect each and very one of you to be on your best behaviour and greet her with a warm welcome. That is all for today, dismissed." Holt finished his rather concise briefing, and exited the room, eventually followed by the rest of the squad.

10:00 - The 99th Precinct

~Y/n POV~

The heavy metal doors slid open, revealing a rather large, yet bustling fourth floor. With a pounding heart I took a step from the silver box and entered the Bullpen. Passing by many crooks and thiefs, beat cops, civilians and all the detectives seemed to be hard at work at their desks. My nerves took over and as a consequence, my mind went into autopilot. My feet b-lined for the Captains Office, my bag still on my person.

I feel a pair of eyes, no, many pairs of eyes burn into me as I knock on the Captains door. I hear a faint 'come in' and so, I enter while closing the door behind me. "Wonderful to meet you Captain, I'm Detective L/n. Y/n L/n." Miraculously, I manage to sound confident when introducing myself to my new Captain, despite my need to vomit my nerves at this very moment.

"Ah. Detective L/n, I'm glad you are here. I'm Captain Raymond Holt. Welcome, to the 99th precinct. Let me show you around." Holt instructed has me walked swiftly out the door, quickly I moved to follow him.

"Here is your desk" the Captain guided me to the only empty gray desk in the room, which was mostly bare apart from the monitor, keyboard and mouse. Opposite my desk, sat a rather busy looking one, sat beside the pile of junk was a man, who stared intensely at me, however his eyes showed no sign of hatred or aggression, rather wonder and amazement.

Lost in a trance, our gazes never left each other's, soaking up each others new faces. Then Captain Holt pulled us out of our trance. "This will be your desk mate, Detective Jake Peralta." Jake Peralta then shot up out of his seat after his short introduction. Nervously, Jake reached out his hand, gesturing for me to shake it. I take his hand, that seemed to fit perfectly in mine, and shook it firmly. "Sup" he nervously greeted. Politely, I smiled warmly at him, "Hi, I'm Detective Y/n L/n. Nice to meet you."

"Sup" he responded once more. Holt then drew my attention to the rest of the squad.

"Over there is Sergeant Jeffords" he sent a small wave my way along with a bright smile. "Behind you is Gina, my assistant." I turned around to be meet with a woman. She waltzed over to me, and held out her hand which was bent so the back of her hand was facing me. She greeted me with a simple 'greetings'. I took her hand, and politely smiled. "Over there is Detectives Rosa Diaz and Charles Boyle." Diaz nodded her head and Boyle smiled and waved excitedly. "And last is Hitchcock and Scully. Word of advice, avoid them as much as possible." With faces littered with crumbs, Hitchcock smiled and nodded creepily, while Scully smiled and waved.

"Nice to meet you all" I smiled kindly at my new colleagues. And Holt proceeded to show me the Break room and Briefing room. Today is going to be a hectic day...