Chapter 9

She was beautiful. Everything I had thought she would be, she surpassed shattering my ideals into a million pieces, how can any mortal being be so... Perfect? I know, it's cheesy but that is all I could say she is, God like perfection.

My mind was always on her, from the moment I had laid eyes on her. She's mine, my mate, and I would do anything to keep her safe. I watched her through the window her doe like gray blue eyes stared at me with soft worry and she waved.

I smiled, knowing that while in my wolf form it would look more like a snarl but by her grin she knew what it was. Greg barked to gain everyone's attention and I slowly pulled my eyes from my mate and to him, standing by his side and following close behind him as he stormed into the trees.

I couldn't wait to get this rogue issue taken care of. Two days was to long to be away from my pack. I'm their alpha and they need me besides, my eyes drifted over the weak warriors of Gregs pack with a grimace my mate wasn't safe here in these wolfs paws. They weren't trained or disciplined enough, I couldn't trust them with my precious mate.

Greg and I fell back once we entered the forest letting the two best trackers take the lead and bring us to the rogues hide out. although I knew both Greg and I could follow the scent we weren't about to take any chances of following a false lead and holding back the attack any longer.

It was maybe half an hour later that the rogue scents started to burn my nose and the trackers fell back to their spot in the line.

The wolves around me began to spread out around the clearing, I kept my eyes trained in the rogues who hadn't noticed us yet. there were maybe 50 of them around the area, that was a lot of rogues.

I waited respectfully as the wolves spread out around the clearing and abandoned animal den that the rogues had made their camp at. Once I saw the shining eyes of the other wolves across the clearing hidden in the Undergrowth I crouched low preparing myself for the attack.

Gregs howl rang out and we all charged forward watching as the rogues jumps to their feet trying to shift, many of them were dead before they could.

I attacked the nearest rogue, sinking my teeth deep into his neck before he could shift and tossed him aside.

Three rogues suddenly surrounded me. cowards, can't face me alone. Snarling I couched low charging forward into the one in front of me, the rogue met me half way and we clashed in Snarls and fangs. I managed to get the upper hand digging my teeth into his neck when I felt sharp claws rake down my back.

The pressure was removed and I tossed the rogue in my jaws away before whirling on my attacker, only to see him dead and a large gray wolf towering over him. Mary's father, I nodded to him in thanks and charged back into the fight taking out any rogue who dared to try and kill me, the claw wounds on my back already starting to heal.

A howl of pain easily recognized as belonging to Greg drew my attention to the front of the fight where alpha Greg and the rogue alpha stood circling each other. By Gregs limp I could tell it wasn't going well. I have to get over there. Growling I charged forward barreling through the fighting wolves using my huge size to my advantage to get to the two alphas.

The rogue Alpha turned to me, Greg momentarily forgotten as I slammed into him sending us rolling over each other. With a stroke of luck I ended up on top and pinned him down, motioning to Greg with my tail to finish him off. after all this was Gregs fight not mine.

Greg immediately limped forward and dug his teeth into the Alphas neck, once he went limp I stepped away looking around the clearing to see the surviving rogues running off now that their leader was dead.

It was over. I shook out my fur and looked around the clearing for my beta. I spotted Luke's rust colored wolf and trotted over to him.

"Take care of things here im going back to check on Mary." Luke nodded and I turned heading back toward the pack house where my mate was.

I pushed my wolf hard, running as fast as my wolf could go jumping over logs and bushes eager to see my beautiful mate again.

I broke through the tree line and charged up to the pack house taking in a deep breath before shifting back into my human form. Nate appeared at the door tossing me a pair of shorts that I quickly put on.

"How was it."
"It went okay, no deaths on our side or Gregs." I told him and he nodded leading the way into the house and down to what I assumed to be the cellar.

"Im glad it's over."
"Me too, I can finally take my mate home." I stated and Nate glanced over his shoulder with a teasing smirk. I shoved his shoulder with a playful glare as we reached the giant silver door.

I stepped back at the heavy wail of the door opening and the lunas cheery face popped out from behind it.

"Thank god that's over with." she chirped moving out of the way as she let the other females out the door. my eyes raked the sea of women before turning to the Luna.

"Mary?" I asked and she smiled and pointed down at the cellar.

"she's waiting for everyone else to get out first." I nodded and waited until only a few women were on the stairs before jumping down into it.

My eyes taking the barely lit safe room for my mate and easily I spotted her slowly rolling toward me. her Gray blue eyes snapped up to me and she smiled.

"Dean." I felt my eyes darken as she said my name, my wolfs own purrs filled my mind. God this girl doesn't know what she's doing to me. Eagerly I swung forward scooping my little mate up into my arms my eyes skimming over her for any wounds.

My wolf and I both felt much better having her in my arms, her warmth, her weight. Everything about her just felt right in my arms. The tingles and shocks from the mate bond going up my arms only enforced that feeling.

"Nate get down here." I called up the stairs and waited for him to jog down.

"Yes Alpha?" He asked and I nodded to her chair.

"Can you take her chair up please." he nodded and I headed up the stairs with my mate secured and safe in my arms.

"We leave tomorrow" I leant down to whisper in her ear, smirking as a blush graced her cheeks.

"Okay." she whispered and I grinned stepping into the living room to see Mary's family. Her father stepped forward his eyes dark as he glared at me. I growled softly at his glare.

"Let me have my daughter, I'm taking her home." he demanded holding out his arms. my wolf snarled how dare he talk to you like that!
'Ignore it, he's our mates father' silently I handed Mary over to her father glancing at her one more time feeling my eyes widen at the look in hers.

They were telling me, she didn't want to go. "Goodnight" she muttered softly and I took a breath trying to remind myself that she would be on my territory tomorrow and forced a smile on my face.

"Goodnight Mary."