Chapter Four

Kyle noticed me tense up and glanced at me questioningly as the footsteps got closer. No way, my mate? I can't deal with this not so soon what if he rejects me. I thought to myself starting to find it hard to breath as a panic attack starts to build its way into my chest. by now my brother is freaking out and immediately calls out to our dad.

"Dad! Get in here!" He yelled and the sound of several pounding feet rushed to the living room, my dad was in front of me in seconds, immediately recognizing the situation and grabbed my cheeks forcing me to look at him.

"Breathe princess, breathe." I couldn't and he cursed "God Damn it Mary come on!" He said his eyes filled with worry and horror. I managed to finally suck in a breath the look on his face forcing back the panic and after a minute I was okay, my cheeks flush from embarrassment at what happened.

My father stepped away with a sigh of relief but quickly turned onto Kyle "what the fuck happened?" He snarled stepping away from me and the Luna quickly took his place coming to stand by me her hands softly caressed my cheeks and the memory of what she told me came back to mind and I relaxed a bit until I heard his voice again.

"Is everything alright?" I turned to see the Canvas pack group step awkwardly into the room my eyes immediately went to who had spoken. he was huge, taller than my father and he had more muscles than alpha greg his right arm was lined with thick black tribal tattoos and several scars could be seen on him a particularly big one slashed across his left cheek just under his eye. his hair was short and black his eyes shown bright chocolatey brown and his eyes quickly found mine as I was the center of attention and obviously "mary" whose name had been screamed multiple times in fear.

He growled low and stepped toward me earning snarls from my father, brothers and even the luna. "Mine." my mate snarled back coming immediately to my side checking me over for any signs of injury although he didn't touch me yet. the Luna quickly moved out of the way looking like she couldn't contain her excitement as my mate crouched in front of me his hand reached out and rested softly onto my cheek.

"Are you okay?" I blushed with our closeness and nodded leaning into his hand as the rest of my panic faded immediately from his calming touch. he smiled as I leaned into his hand his thumb rubbing softly up and down my cheek.

"Panic attack" I whispered softly drawing in his scent. He smelled like peppermint Hot Chocolate it was amazing. He frowned and was going to respond when the moment was ruined by my father breaking from Alpha Gregs hold and shifting into his large dark gray wolf snarling furiously at my mate.

My mate responded as any possesive alpha would he stepped in front of me
A huge warning snarl ripping from his throat as he felt I was threatened, the sound made my fathers snarl sound like a kittens purr in comparison.

"Dad stop. you might hurt Mary in the process of a fight. Take a good look at your daughters mate dad." Jacob started "You think the strongest alpha in the world who literally just stepped in front of her without a second of hesitation would ever hurt or let anyone hurt her?" Kyle finished for him and my father stopped sizing up my mate before growling lowly to himself leaving the room as he finally saw sense again.

I let out a sigh of relief and my mate relaxed from his protective position in front of me I gave him a soft smile and his eyes lit up making me blush. "my name is dean, I'm guessing your Mary?" He asked with a soft chuckle and I nodded giggling.

My dad returned a second later and Dean reluctantly distanced himself from me a bit not risking the fight with my father and I sent him a mental thank you for being the adult when he shouldn't have to be, though I could feel his eyes burning a hole into the back of my head as he stared at me.

"Okay, let's go ahead and start this meeting then." Alpha Greg asked and gestured for the rest to join him. I watched as dean reluctantly turned to follow my Alpha one of his pack members following behind with a grin on His face, probably Deans beta. That left me, kyle, and the Canvas pack warriors alone together.

It was mostly a lot of awkward silence a lot of them watching me carefully causing my brother to twitch cautiously. Finally I decided to speak up. "anyone want to play a game?" I asked and Kyle nodded two of the warriors did too but the other two didn't.

"What game?" Kyle asked standing from the couch to get the materials. "hang man!" I called with a laugh and my brother shook his head "should of known." and quickly grabbed a white board and marker before returning to me placing it in my lap.

"Who wants to go first?" I asked glancing at the three boys. my brother moved to sit on the ground in front of me and gestured for the other two warriors to do the same, they did without complaint and they looked at each other. "why don't you start Luna?" One spoke up and I froze the warrior immediately looked worried about to get up but I shook my head. "sorry I'm just surprised you called me that."

Kyle stared at me and the warrior spoke up again "your my Alphas mate, that makes you our Luna." He stated with a small grin and I smiled back. "okay okay but dont think I'll go easy on you three!" I teased changing the subject back to the game and scribbled down the lines for the name 'Payphone'. I don't know why but this always works on people, well at least the ones I don't play with, luckily I hadn't used it on Kyle yet only Jacob and our dad so it should work on him too.

I held up the board after putting in the first letter and gave them the hints to start it up. "its old, not a lot of people use it anymore and it's one word." I stated as they all studied the board.