Prologue: Dreary Starts

⚠︎ Trigger Warning: Following Has Mentions of Abuse, and Mentions of Suicide ⚠︎

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

   The beginning of every hero's story is how they have gotten there.

This was no different for Y/N. Starting out as a wailing baby with the lack of attention from the person who gave birth to her, her mother.

Growing up her mother never acknowledge her, nor did she let Y/N call them mother. Mother was an intimate name, you would call someone who was your parent. Though Y/N's Mother did not believe so.

Her mother would always mumble and spew words out how her husband will come back, or he still loves her. Years have gone by and the hope her mother held was sizzling away more and more and went deeper into delusions and depression.

The older Y/N gotten more and less she did not understand why kids around here called the adults 'mom' or 'dad'. Y/N was a very emotional toddler and was expressive towards time like many toddlers would be. But soon started to grow out of trying to be expressive towards her mother or family members she didn't recall the names of.

Relatively turning six, she was excited to see what type of quirk she would get, her mother finally showed a small portion of interest in her daughter. Dragged her to the doctors to see if she would get a quirk. The news she had gotten shattered her small soul, which was the last time she felt excited about something but was left feeling empty and dull. She was quirkless.

She was snapped out of that realization from the tight grip of her mother's hand around her smaller arm she was dragged back to the house her mother lives in. She found out more about how heartless the world truly was.

Her mother slammed the front door behind her. Her hands shaking and breathing irregular more mumbles were repeated out.

"Mom..." Y/N asked out worried for her mother who had yet again sunk back into the daily episodes.

Y/N's small hands reached out shakily trying to comfort her mother. Instinctively her mother slaps the hand away, her eyes looking at her child finally, she held an expression that wasn't describable. She glares down at Y/N, grinding her teeth together her anger spilling out to the surface.

"If... if it wasn't for you! I would still have my husband!" Her mother yells calling out to Y/N for what she thought was the first time she directly called towards her.

Her mother collapses on the ground, she grabbed onto Y/N's shoulders she started to shake her child more. Y/N not knowing how to feel, she was getting dizzy from the shaking and was toning out what her mother was saying towards her. Being held even if it was in a wrong way, Y/N felt bad for her mother, pitied her even.