27.

I drive home

I drive home.

Still sobbing as a little child.

She said she wasn't mad. she said she wasn't mad. She said she wasn't mad.

I pull on the driveway, but stay in my car. Deep breaths, Ethan. In and out. She isn't mad, it was just for a surprise for your birthday.

I nod, getting out of the car. I'm being ridiculous.

The house is dark. Why is it dark? Wait. She said I could go home in an hour. She didn't say she would be there...

I swallow my tears. No. Scarlett wouldn't do that. Before I change my mind, I walk inside. The whole living room is dark, and I frown. Where are they?

"Hello?"

Suddenly, so much happens in so little time. The light switches on, everyone appears from behind a couch or table, a banner with 'Happy Birthday Ethan!' falls down and Aaron almost crashes with a cake.

My eyes pull out. That's why I had to leave! This is Scarlett's idea for sure, I haven't had a birthday party in so long. Well, it could have been Owen's too, but he would just have laid fart pillows...

"I..." I trail off, not knowing where to look first. They decorated everything. I see all the guys wearing party hats, but I don't see Scarlett. "Where's princess?" I ask.

Jordan grins. "Baby, he's here!" he yells. I hear a door open, and there she is. And damn. My eyes widen again. She looks so hot, wearing that dress. I can take her right here and now, but I just smile.

"You look gorgeous, princess," I say, to the truth. She looks absolutely gorgeous, and hot, and dreamy, and --most importantly-- ours.

I look her up and down, my eyes lingering where the deep cleavage is. Damn. "So, just to be clear, you're not mad at me?"

She shakes her head, smiling. "It was all an act, sweetie. ome here for your birthday kisses." Fuck yes. I run to her, so happy I almost trip over the carpet. She just laughs.

I cup her cheeks and kiss her. She kisses back happily. I smile, relief flooding off me. I was so scared I fucked it up, and am happy I didn't. 

"Happy birthday, Ethan. You can unpack your presents later," she winks. My eyes widen. Presents as in- her? Please, say yes.

I blink a few times, remembering Jordan's first. I glance at him, but he just winks at me. My jaw drops. Did they-

"Y-you," I stutter. Scarlett shrugs, walking off to the kitchen. I watch her with big eyes. "You- you-," I can't form sentences. They did it today, so I could take her on my birthday? And why didn't I get to see that?

I walk to Elijah, him smirking at me. "You got to watch?" My voice sounds high, confused. He just grins, "Was a great view."

I watch Scarlett as she walks back to me. She's limping a bit... if she's limping already, I wonder how she'll walk after I'm done with her. I smirk. She won't know what's happening.