9.

A tune of my phone draws my attention to it

It's the movement sensor of the bar. Weird, no one's supposed to be there right now. I frown and unlock my phone. I open the app and see a car on the parking.

Nothing weird, probably some horny couple that is having sex in it. But my smirk falls when I recognize the car. Why is Scarlett at the bar at this hour?

Ethan storms in my office with his phone in his hand. He nods at me. We both think the same. There's something wrong.

I look closely at my screen again and zoom in, just at the moment she screams -frustrated, I hope- and throws her phone out of the window. I stand up and walk to the door. "I'm getting her," I say, to no one in particular.

Ethan will tell the rest, I have to get Scarlett right now. While driving, I keep looking at my screen. She's crying. No. I never saw her crying, but I already know I can't stand it. I know she'll have this soft sobs and shaking shoulders.

I'm gonna soothe her and calm down so she'll never has to cry again. Just when I pull up at the parking lot, she texts.

Sunbeam: I need someone rn...

Ethan: We know

Elijah: Scarlett, we'll get you here and calm you down. You're safe with us.

I'm right behind you

She jerks around and locks eyes with me. I get out of my car and run to hers. She pushes her door open and throws herself in my arms. Oh God, I was right about the sobs and the shoulders.

"Let's get you safe, yes?" I whisper and she nods against my chest. I turn around, but she clinges herself to the car. "Baby, it's me," I whisper. Is she scared of me?

She shakes her head. "N-no. Ash," she sobs, then snuggles into my chest. Asher? Is that freaking cute dwarf here too?

I look in the car, seeing he's asleep in his baby-chair. I nod and walk to my car. She doesn't stop crying. I softly set her on the passenger seat, but when I turn around, she gasps. "No! Aaron, stay here!"

She sounds panicked. I kneel in front of her, on her eye level, and cup her face. Her breathing calms down a bit. "I'm just getting Ash, okay? I'll be back in two seconds. Turn on the heating and try to calm down." She nods.

I run to her car, pick Ash up carefully and lock her car again. The, I run back and set him on the back seat. I get in, seeing Scarlett shaking and sobbing. Oh no. I made it worse.

"Scarlett, come here," I whisper and grab her waist, then pull her over the console. She sits down on my left thigh, back to the window, and her face in my chest.

I start driving, and feel her calming down while I rub her back. "I won't ask you what happened, but I want to say you're safe now. Whatever it was, who it was, it can't get you here. I'm bringing you to our house, and you can stay as long as you'd like. You're more than welcome."

She nods and clutches my collar, her breathing normal again. "Great, you're doing great, Scarlett. Calm down for me, will you? We're almost home," I whisper. 

I pull up the driveway and see them standing behind the window, watching my car. "We're home," I whisper and she tilts her head slightly. Her gaze stops at the window and she nods. "Carry me? I'm tired," she sighs.

I've been waiting for this one.

I pick her up and carry her inside. She buries her head in my neck, but she stopped crying somewhere between now and the moment she was in my lap. 

Everyone runs to us and starts asking questions. I look at Owen. "Asher is in the car, go get him." Owen nods and runs off. Scarlett doesn't look at anyone. "Scarlett, what happened?" ELijah softly asks.

She sniffs and gets out of my arms. I glare at Elijah, but he shrugs. Scarlett sits down the couch, so we all mirror her. Owen comes in with a -still sleeping- Asher. He quickly walks to his room, leaves Ash there and sits down next to Jordan.

"M-my Dad." She doesn't come any further than that. I frown. "What did you Dad do?" I keep my voice soft and calm, though I'm desperate to know if I have to beat him up.

She sobs, and clutches her stomach with her arms. I already saw her shirt was ripped in two, the shirt she always wears. I think it's her favorite.

Owen put two and two together just before me and gets up, a furious expression on his face. He's by the door when Scarlett's soft voice sounds. "Don't do this, Owen. You're a kind person."

His shoulders slump and he turns around, a pained expression on his face now. "But he hurt you..." His voice is one full of pain and sorrow. I feel it too, but Owen has always been one who can't hide his emotions.

"I trust you, all of you. Just... don't go after him. As long as he leaves me and my brothers alone." She starts sobbing again and Jordan pulls her on his lap. He hushes her softly, rocking her back and forth.

He gets up and brings her to a room we made for her. This wasn't the way we planned on showing her, but she better feels safe right now. Oh, if I could just beat her Dad up...

Owen seems to struggle too. "I can't let him go, can I? He hurt our Scarlett. If I can't go after him, then at least let me call Dante."

Dante, our best man. He's second in row, right after all of us. But we consider him as a friend of ours, we trust him a lot. Drug deals, money exchange, contract murder,... Dante's our guy.

"Send Dante. But no killing, at most a concussion. And if he misses a finger, I won't mind," I sigh and Owen exhales relieved. He slides out his phone and walks out of the room. Jordan comes back, a scowl on his face.

He groans frustrated. "I want to kill that guy." Elijah shrugs. "Dante is taking care of it." He points to Owen and stands up. "I'm off to bed. Later."

How can he go to sleep? Scarlett's Dad hurt her, our own girl. His girl. 

Fuck. I need distraction. 

I call Jules, our fifth man in row. "Got someone to torture?" He chuckles. "Oh hell yes. Get your ass here."

*******

Hehe

Yeah, last chap was short but it was just for the shock :)

x- N