𝘅𝗶𝘃. 𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗞𝗘𝗡 𝗧𝗥𝗨𝗦𝗧𝗦.

It wasn't hard to tell that Aven was an emotional mess. In fact, it was really obvious. Dark circles crept under her eyes. She was pale, and had scrapes on her freckled cheeks. Her eyes were red from all the crying.

Rem sat next to her. Avery on the other side. Kate walked over, reluctantly. "Avery..?"

The ginger looked up. "Kate? What's up?"

"I need to, talk to you. Alone."

Avery turned to Aven, looking for a sign of approval. The blonde nodded, and smiled sadly.
"Go ahead."

Avery smiled back and walked off with Kate.

Aven put her arms on the table and laid her head down. Drew, Flynn, and Sam all came and sat down.

"So." Flynn said. "We kill this thing, how?"

Rem looked at him right in the eyes. Oddly stern. Sam and Drew looked at each other.
"We let them find us, then..."

"We kill them."

Rem turned to him. "How exactly? You broke the bat."

He rolled his eyes. "Why is everyone still on that?!" Sam looked at Rem.

"The kitchen.". Everyone looked at her. "There's knives."

Drew kissed her. "You're a genius.".

She blushed, and turned back to Flynn, Aven, and Rem.

"Sorry."

—————

Avery sat down on the floor, Kate following behind.

"So, what's wrong?" Avery said, looking over at the girl.

Kate sighed and looked down.

"You and Aven kissed. Right?" A tear fell down her cheek. She put her knees up to her chest.

A confused expression crossed Avery's face. "Uhm..yeah. We did." She smiled.

Kate nodded slowly.

"Why do you..?"

Kate looked at the redhead, her face scrunched up.

"I LIKE you Avery." Tears fell down her face. "And you never noticed! You never cared!"

Avery was stunned. "Kate-"

"Nevermind! It was stupid anyways!" She started to get up, but struggled. The girl fell back down.

"Kate! Come on-" She helped her sit back down.

————

Aven and the others heard the girls from the other room.

"The hell?" Flynn said, looking at Aven. "Do you know what they are fighting about?"

Aven shook her head. "No idea. I'll go check on them."