𝗶𝘅. 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗗𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗦

Sam looked back at her boyfriend, who was focused on his counselor being driven away in a police car.

She grabbed his hand and rubbed it. He'd been going to Camp Midnight for 4 years, and had known Flynn for that long. He turned towards the fire and stared. The only thing to be heard was the crackling of the fire.

Aven, Kenn, Avery, and Rem all sat down. Avery sat next to Aven and hugged her.
"Are you okay?"

Aven nodded slowly. "I'm fine." He face was completely dull. Josh spoke up, confused about what had just happened.
"What the hell happened? Did..." He hesitated. "Was it Flynn? That did it?"

Nathan nudged his arm.
"What do you think?"

Josh smiled sadly. "You're right."

Sam knew that Josh liked Nathan.
He told Drew who told her one night.

Aven stood back up, and looked at everyone.
"We all should get to our cabins, get some rest."

The campers were too tired to argue back, so everyone slowly got up and headed back.

Everyone except Sam, Drew, and Nathan.

They all stayed seated. Sam still held Drew's hand, and she laid her head on his shoulder. Nathan looked at them sadly, then turned to see Josh walking away.

Nathan had openly come out last summer, when he was dating a boy named Chris. As far as anyone else was aware, they didn't last long after summer was over.

Drew stood up, pulling Sam with him. He pulled her in close and she kissed him. When they pulled away, Sam's cheeks were a bright red, and a smile was plastered onto her face.

He smiled back, and laughed. The boy turned to Nathan, and sympathetically smiled.

"I'll be right back, gotta go get a stick for marshmallows."

Sam tilted her head, confusion crossing her tanned face. "Aven said to go inside the cabins. We should probably listen-"

He pulled her back in and kissed her. She laughed and pushed him away.
"One marshmallow won't hurt."

She sat back down as Drew headed closer to the woods.

After about 10 minutes, he still hadn't returned. Sam grew worried, and went to get up.
"Is it okay if I go look for him? I'll be right back I promise."

Nathan nodded and laughed.
"Go ahead Sam, I'll keep the fire going."

And with that, she walked off.

—————

Drew wandered around the woods, picking up sticks as they went along a dirt trail.

As he turned to head back, he heard noises coming from the trail. He walked closer, as he saw a person, walking down the trail.

He hid behind a tree, ducking down. The person got closer.
He shut his eyes tight, and muttered, until opening them again.

She muffled a laugh as he realized who it was. A short-haired brunette was slowly walking down the path, looking around as she walked.

A mischievous smile crept across his face as he stood up and started walking through the woods.

Sam heard footsteps creeping towards her. She quickly picked up a stick and held it out like a sword.
She spun around quickly after hearing a sound.

Drew had thrown a stick towards her, to create a distraction. She held her stick out further.

Suddenly, she felt a jolting in her body. She turned back around, to face Drew, Smiling mischievously and trying not to laugh.

"Hey Helper"

Sam's face scrunched up as she punched his arm.
"Drew! I was scared to death!"

He laughed, and brought her in for a kiss.
She quickly pulled away, her cheeks red again.

"Did you get any good sticks?" The girl asked, smiling at her boyfriend. He really was perfect.

"Plenty. Ready to head back?" He handed her some of the sticks, knowing how much she liked helping (coincidently).

When they turned to leave, they heard a sudden shriek coming from the camp. Sam's eyes quickly went wide, and she started running towards the cabins.

—————

By the time the couple had got back, There he was.

Nathan. Bleeding out of his stomach.

Sam quickly put her hand over her mouth, trying to stop herself from throwing up. Aven, Kenn, Hope, Avery, and Rem were already out there, on the phone with the police.

"Please! Someone...Someone's dead!"

Aven had tears in her eyes, shaking as she held the phone.

Drew grabbed Sam and brought her into his body tightly.

He was shocked, his eyes fixated on his dead friend on the grass.

Sam turned, peeling away from Drew.

"It's all our fault."

—————

AUTHOR SPEAKS!!
HEYYY!! Most of you were smart, so the "plot twist" was expected, Anyways! hope you guys liked it!