𝘃𝗶𝗶. 𝗦𝗜𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗘

TW: suicide

12 hours had passed since the Turners had discovered Nick's body. The police had left, and everyone was forced to stay in cabins. All of the male campers went into Flynn's cabin, and all of the others went into Aven's cabin.

The girl sat on her bed and looked down, Kenn was sitting next to her, leaning her head on Aven's shoulder.

Everyone in Cabin 5 was silent. Hope walked over to the sisters and climbed next to Kenn. She one arm around the girl and held her hand with her other.

Sam spoke up, which surprised most. Her eyes were wide. Kate and Avery sat other either side of her.

"So.. The person who killed Nick is still alive.."

Aven winced at the mention of his name. She and Kenn had to tell the police all that they saw, and then they took his body away.

—————

11 hours earlier.

Aven stood shaking, holding Flynn's hand.

"Look" Flynn said, looking at the officer. "She told you all the knows. The killer was gone by the time she got there."

The police officer shook her head.
"We need more information before leaving, I'm sorry Honey"

Aven nodded, and lifted her head up, looking directly at the officer.

The lady flipped through a clipboard and then stopped.

"Was Nick normally pretty happy? He wouldn't do this to himself would he?"

Aven's eyes went wide, she squeezed Flynn's hand.

"I haven't known him for very long, like I said. He seemed really happy. Why? Do you think he did it to himself?"

Flynn interrupted again. "No. He wouldn't do that. I've known him for a long time"

The officer turned her head towards Flynn.
"Sir, please. I'm trying to talk to Aven here. There's another officer over there that would like to talk with you."

Flynn sighed heavily and let go of Aven's hand. The boy started to walk off.

"So, Back to the question. We found the knife in his hand, pointed towards his stomach. Did you not notice this when you found him?"

Aven shrugged. Her hands were shaking.

"It was really dark. I couldn't really see much. I just saw the blood, and his body on the floor."

The lady nodded, and looked back down at her clipboard.

"Some of the kids in his cabin had mentioned that he would make self deprecating jokes. Ones about wanting to end his own life. Were you aware of this?"

Aven's eyes went wider than before, she looked down at her shoes and started picking at her skin.

"No. I mean, they were jokes. I've heard them. He wasn't being serious. He would say things like that when the campers would get on his nerves-"

"I see"

The Officer Lady started writing down on her paper.

Aven looked up at her.
"Look. I don't know what he really felt. No one does, but I do know that he didn't deserve to die."

The officer clicked her tongue.
"No one does sweetie." She looked down at her board again, then back at Aven.

"It seems we have enough information. As for now, you all can stay at camp. It's labeled as a suicide. Please stay safe. We'll keep this investigation open."

Aven nodded and thanked the officer. She started walking towards her cabin.

—————

present time.

Kate nudged Sam's arm and gave her the "Stop talking" look.

Sam looked back down and went quiet again.

"They think it was a suicide. I cant believe it"
Aven said quietly.

Everyone looked over at her.

"He wouldn't do that. I don't think he would. He seemed so happy."

Avery looked over at the girl, tear stains on her cheeks.

"You obviously didn't know him as well as the rest of us." The redhead said, fiddling with her hands as she spoke.

"What?" Aven said, looking back up at Avery.

"He would always make jokes. Ones when he got annoyed, frustrated, or sad. Ones about ending his life. Everyone thought that they didn't mean anything."

Aven nodded.
"I knew about the jokes. The police officer asked about them."

Everyone went silent again.

Just then, Rem stood up. She tilted her head down and speed-walked outside.

Everyone looked around at each other, but then just went back to their sad thoughts.

Aven kept her head up, and soon followed after Rem.

"Hey..are you okay?"

Rem looked up, obviously frightened by Aven's sudden appearance.

"Yeah.. it's just," She went silent for a bit. Obviously thinking.

"I don't think he killed himself."

Aven looked at her wide curious eyes.

"I think it was Flynn."

—————-

AUTHOR SPEAKS!!
HEYYY. This chapteR was so fun to writE! I love how it turned out, and I cant wait to continue writing it ;)) BYEEEE MAGICS <333