Aitebar | Reliance

The apartment.
09:55 am.

The doorknob twisted before Manha pulled the door open and padded her way out of the hallway to the living area of the apartment with a yawn.

Looking around, she found the curtains drawn apart as sunlight poured through the glass doors of the balconies.

Sat one the barstool by the kitchen counter was none other than her husband. He seemed lost in thought, rubbing his thumb over the glass of water in his hands.

Manha wrapped her arms around herself with an inaudible sigh.

She kept feeling bad after he left for reacting like that. She didn't know how hard it has been for him. She couldn't even know. She was not there. She could not judge him.

Yes, it was stupid. Yes he could have weighed the options, he could have at least tell her before the marriage, he could have tried harder. The list was never-ending but it was done now. Nothing she say or blame him for was going to matter.

So she had to do what was still in their hands. Find a way out of it.

Biting her lip, Manha walked over to Daniyal, who still hasn't noticed her in the same room as his, and sneaked her arms over his neck from the back.

He startled in her arms holding her hand that dangled over his shoulder and Manha smiled slightly, putting her cheek against his.

"Good morning,"

"You seem too cheery for someone who threw me out of the room on the second night of our marriage," he muttered offended and she bit back her chuckle, tightening her hold around him.

"I didn't throw you out, you left on your own will... and feet," she added feeling the light stubble of his jaw tickling her skin.

"You could have called me back,"

"I never asked you to not come." She shrugged and was about to pull back but he didn't let go of her hands.

"So you wanted me to come?" He raised his brows tilting his face towards her.

"I didn't say that," she teased looking at his morning face and couldn't resist pecking his lips with a loud noise and pulled away instantly.

"I am hungry!" He called making Manha groan across the room.

• • •