Qurbat | Closeness

تیری قربت کے لمحے پھول جیسے،
مگر پھولوں کی عمریں مختصر ہیں

Backyard, Guesthouse, Torun.
06:22 am.

In and out, in and out.

Manha could hear the sound of her breath in the silence of the dawn as the first rays of sunbeams peeked through the branches of trees by the river.

Manha was in the backyard practicing yoga. It had been into her morning rituals for a few years now.

Stress, anxiety, depression. It all flows out with Yoga and she loved that restarted feeling after being done with it.

All of that newfound energy and motivation, she needed it the most that day.

Before her mind could wander back to all the thoughts of the upcoming day and her mind started to get anxious, she straightened her spine and pulled the left foot's sole to the inner thigh of the right leg, moving her hands from her waist she raised them straight above her head, her shoulders relaxed before she shut her mind out.

She tried being aware of her surroundings. The gush of cold wind brushing past her silhouette, her lungs inflating with the fresh morning wind, her chest puffing out and up before she let go and shifted on the left leg.

She felt the cold air entering her nostrils as they freeze the tip of her nose when she breathed in and warm air leaving dampness on the same spot as she breathed out.

It was refreshing. The pattern of her breaths as she resisted her leg to go down before the time.

The alarm vibrated making her drop her shoulders as she opened her eyes and sat down on the mat.

It was the last step where she could just lay into a corpse position and give time for her body to rest and all the built-up tension to leave from the muscles.

It helped lowering blood pressure after excessive exercise.

"You could have come to my room if the bed was this uncomfortable," she could feel her nerves stressing up at the back of her neck but didn't open her eyes.

"Don't disturb me," she heard his chuckle closer now.

"No really. You were so lazy back then. What happened now?" She sighed opening her eyes to look at him as her hands came to rest on her belly.

"What is your problem?" He only smiled slightly shaking his head and took a sip of his juice. His eyes traveling down her face to her body teasingly.

Manha shot up in her place instantly.

"Are you trying to kill me with suspense?" He sat on the bench, his elbows placed on his thighs as he took another sip.

"What suspense?" She frowned getting up and picked her water bottle gulping some of it down.

"Of seeing all the muscles you have built up," he smirked making her throw the empty bottle at his face, he dumped it on time laughing.

"I am serious, you were so petite, I would love to see the abs," he followed her up the stairs.

"Never happening," she opened her room's door glancing behind her shoulder.