✗ 40 ✗

I had been single for as long as I could remember. Never was there a moment in which I hadn't questioned if there was something wrong in me.

It was something that I needed to be thankful for Jay for he was the person who always remind that I'm ugly until it comes to the point that even me believed it myself.

But now here I am, having a hard time on how to deal with my bestfriend's feelings for me along Heeseung who by the way, is getting closer to me.

On top of them, Jay is making me confused and because for whatever reason that I had a long time crush with him, I'm hesitating on my plan to break his heart.

How could I? If he was slowly growing on me.

It was odd; Jay stated that he was perfectly fine when he walked up to me after class but at the same time, he was taking advantage of my worry over him because of that night.

Right now was an example, he continued to lean against me as he went, an arm wrapped around my shoulder as he pressed the side of his lean frame against my smaller one.

I eyed him closer - he seemed so delighted that I was letting him do this. If only Jake or Heeseung was here, they'll surely find this weird to see the two of us.

"So", he said using the arm around my shoulder to pull me closer to him when I tried to distance myself, "How've you been in the time I'm avoiding you?"

"You always see me to answer that", I answered truthfully and was questioning why is he being so unlike of the Jay I know?

We continued to walk in the direction of the room of the subject we shared and Jay continued to grill me about what he could have miss in my day-to-day to life. He wanted to catch on about Jake and Heeseung, but unsurprisingly enough he made no mention of his breakdown.

"Hey Y/N!", a voice called from further down the hall and we both stopped at the sound of my name.

I glanced over my shoulder to see Heeseung running up to us and like the usual, Sunghoon was following behind. They continued to walk towards us and Jay turned as well, switching the arm that was around my shoulder.

When he caught sight of his friends, he took my arm from my side and wrapped it around his waist making my eyes round at the action.

I glanced up at him curiously, "Jay, what are you trying to do?"

"It's good to see you just in time", Heeseung said again when they came to a stop in front of us. He glanced over to Jay, "Why are you with him?"

"Does it matter to you?", Jay asked back as if he was offended.

"It matters because it's Y/N that we're talking about", a smirk took over Sunghoon's handsome face as he looked down at me.

I frowned slightly. I really didn't like it when people smirked at me and I had no idea why they were surrounding me now as if I was trapped by some kind of a demonic circle.

How interesting to see the devils were all deadly handsome? But hey, one of them was angel in disguise.

As I glanced back to Jay, he continued to look at me intently, waiting for me to speak. What do I need to say?

"I'm sorry but what do you need with my flat ass?", Jay let out a small bark of laughter as the smirk was completely wiped off from Sunghoon's face.

He turned his head away from me in order to hide the snickers from his mouth while I scowled at the nickname that had return. It was hardly my fault that his friends were watching him weirded out.

"I'm her suitor, but what about you?", Heeseung answered with a smile.

"I'm an audience that doesn't need to be here at all, but here we are and I hated it", Sunghoon went on to say before he glanced at me, "I don't like you but what if I add myself to that trouble?"

What did he mean by that? I opened my mouth to reply and closed it when Jay replied for me.

"Look, didn't I already warned the two of you?", he asked, his eyes narrowing slightly before he tightened his arm around my shoulder, "So why don't you go back to where you'd come from before I make you?"

I gave Jay an incredelous look, "Oh my god, stop! They're not doing something wrong"

"Well, for him, it would be like that. He felt threatened that's why", Sunghoon remarked, frowning at their friend.

"Let's just go, Sunghoon. We'll sort this later", Heeseung said before they walked away from us but not without waving at me at the last second.

Sunghoon took his signal, considering the look on my face that was utterly bewildered and left out to their vague conversation. He just rolled his eyes, muttered something under his breath and turned to follow Heeseung.

Turning to face Jay, I glanced up to his satisfied expression, "Why did you do that to your friends?"

"Do what?", he asked, looking down at me as we continued to walk.

"Get Heeseung to go away", I muttered, enough for him to hear.

"Did you want to go out with him?", he raised an eyebrow, turning his head back to the front.

"For now, I'm still getting to know him", I said truthfully, "But do you always tend to do that? Why would you push the guy who wanted to be close with me?"

"Do you want them to?"

I sighed, "That's not the point, Jay. What if I want a boyfriend? It looks like you will make it impossible for me"

"You don't need a boyfriend", he assured me as if he knew my mind completely.

"And how would you know that?"

"Because I'm already here", he said quietly as he looks abashed all of a sudden.

"I never said that I needed you", I said with a roll of my eyes, even though I was trying to hide that I find him cute.

He looks naturally cute when he was embarassed by himself.

"But you won't get rid of me easily", he said letting his arm slip from my shoulder as I untangled my arm from his waist.

I forgot to remove it despite of his friends being already gone for a while. But in exchange for it, Jay took my hand, interlinking my finger with his.

"You know what? If you'll only accept it, I'm willing to be better for you", he said. I just looked at him, blinking.

And then we just walked together hand in hand to class, not caring to the ones slowly looking at us in shock. He did not even care that in the whole time, I was a nervous wreck because he was holding my hand under the desk.

He's cute, I thought, but you don't need to like a boy who treats you like a trash before.

But maybe I can change my mind about him? I need a talk with a friend soon.

For now, answer this, did you think Jay deserves a second chance with her?