✗ 18 ✗

Like a virus flowing in your bloodstream for a long period of time, I found Park Jay really got to you after a while.

Despite how determined I was to leave, find a way to get a taxi or a bus in the highway, I struggled to get away. Well, not when he pulled my back to his chest, his hands securely holding me in place.

I could feel him breathing gently in my neck and pulled me closer.

I shivered and gripped his other hand to stop from sliding down my waist. Letting out a curse from my sign of defiance, he turned me around and pushed me against the tree behind us.

I was so lost in my shock that I couldn't think straight and it really shouldn't have hit me very hard, but even so, I finally find my voice.

"Jay, you can stop whatever you're planning to me", I warned him.

He looked at me in disappointment before stepping back with an uninterested look. Looking anywhere but him, I too distanced myself and wondered just what happened.

I was in the middle of thinking whether to ask him for a ride back to my dorm when I hear Jay cleared his throat before calling my name. I turned around to look at him and still a bit weirded out by him today.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know what I was doing", he said. I looked up at him and sighed.

I shook my head slowly, not wanting to talk about it, "Just don't repeat it again", I replied, "Or else I would hate you more"

Everything now was just too risky.

His features turned to anger when those words came out of my mouth and for a second, I almost regret it but I take it back when his stupid mouth opened to speak.

It really doesn't talk nicely.

"I don't even know why I stooped so low and bring you here", he shivered like he was disgusted just by thinking about it.

"Wow, I'm really so impressed, and you need to know this from me, you're a fucking piece of shit, Jay", I retorted, tired of him making me feel like shit.

I turned my back on him and got ready to leave, even if one of my feet is aching like hell. It's better to get lost out there because I don't have a clue to where we are than to stay in his infuriating company.

"Y/N, I'm sorry I didn't mean it", Jay rushed out, grabbing my hand to stop me from leaving.

I bit my lip, "I'm so sick of you treating me this way, Jay!", I practically shrieked, although my voice was somewhat muffled by one of his hand.

"Please just let me talk as to why I brought you here",  he said, his tone of voice sounding repeated.

"You're fucking problematic, one minute you're so nice and the next you go back to being a bully!", I yelled back and pulled my hand away from him, because otherwise, I might not resist.

"Just let me explain"

"Go right ahead and don't waste my time"

Jay took in a deep breath before going to one of the thick tree roots and I kept my eyes away from him, then sat down next to him making sure there was a space between us.

"This might not make sense but hear me out before you judge me okay?", he said, his voice pitifully helpless.

"Jay, I'm sorry but that's not easy as you make it out. Not after what you put me through", I said, my voice quiet.

"It all started when I first join the jock's clique. Remember Allan?", I nodded my head for him to continue even if he ignored my last statement.

Of course, I would remember those people. How could I not? When they were the horrible people who had changed me because they always taunted and commented on the way I acted around in Highschool.

I was cheerful back then, friendly and had thought the whole world is open up to me. They proved me wrong. Especially the girls who forms me into a very insecure girl until I was nothing but someone who'd learned her lessons and had become choosy to who I will associate myself with.

It may not look like it, but I can't forgive easily who have offended me. Only to my friends usually.

"I noticed you for the first time when we ended up sitting together and I was so curious to your quietness that I wanted to be your friend", He looked at me from the corner of his eye, trying not to sound cheesy.

He wanted to be my friend? Then again I do remember he smiled at me after that day. But I also remember Allan pulling on him roughly after the class and said something to him which made him look at me in disgust in the following days.

"Of course, Allan doesn't like you. He said if I would be your friend, they would go after you and I don't want it", he mumbled quite shyly.

How can Allan Dale hated me that much he'd bully Jay to stay away from me?

"But it still doesn't explain why you proceed to bully me. Almost no one wants to be my friend", I said back angrily.

"I know, Y/N, but I was so jealous of the others who can be friends with you. That's why I did that in order for you to notice me", he explained.

"So, is that the same reason why you were including Jake to our issue as well?", I raised my eyebrow in judgement.

"Yes, my logic is that if I couldn't be near to you then no one else could", he shrugged like it was a common sense.

I stood up immediately and looked down at him, "That's must be the stupidest thing that came out of your shitty mouth today"

"I know and I'm sorry. Can we please start over?", Jay asked, sounding desperate.

"Do you really think it's that simple? I left our town to get away from that bullying and yet you were in the same University as I", I muttered angrily.

"But that's the thing. I followed you here because I can't stay away from you", he looked up to me hopefully.

Shock takes over my features for a long while as I tried to reject the very idea of it. What did he even mean? If a boy liked a girl and he proceeded to bully her to get her attention.. Is that really sweet?

I love that trope on Hermione and Draco as a canon. But in real life?

It's kind of absurd just thinking about it.

"Don't you dare play with my feelings, Jay!", I yelled back at him out of my panic.

And so I turned and walked away, feeling him watching me even as I disappeared into one of the trees, this time with the tears already in my eyes instead of waiting behind them to pour out later.

I won't let myself be easily swayed again. I need to get out of here!

What do you think about Jay's revelation?

Do you think Y/N made a bad choice about not listening to him?