✗ 33 ✗

When the weather grew gradually hotter and the sun started to shine for today, it found me back on the trees near the field. But there was no practice of the soccer players today, so it's safe to stay under a tree to bask in the shade.

I was leaning against the tree trunk, sitting beside Jake. Everything about the way he was behaving speak confrontation. And I'm sure it had something to do with the discussion that he said wasn't over.

He waited until I got sleepy enough to lay in his shoulder and he leaned towards me slightly, "You will be going to meet him after school, right?"

"What do you think I should do about it?", I enquired, tilting my head to look at him.

"Will you follow my advises if it's for your own good?", he asked me back.

"You might think that I'm incredibly dumb, but I'm slowly learning to avoid getting feelings with him", I said lowering my voice.

If he ever found out that I'm still stuck in the middle of hating and liking Jay, it would cause a trouble for me.

He turned away from me as if he was physically refusing to answer. I raised an amused eyebrow as he decided to change our conversation to his family's plan for the weekend instead.

Quietly I listened on how he goes on about how it would be ideal to go fishing with them and he wanted to bring the boys with him especially knowing Niki would like it the most.

"Uh, excuse me?", a voice trailed off making me look up.

Heeseung was standing near to us. I felt my eyebrows raised towards my hairline to see that he was unaffected by the way Jake and I was sitting so close together. Most people found it odd, always assuming we were a thing.

But the thing is, that would be like an incest to me. I treated Jake as my brother the same to Sunoo and Niki.

"Yes, Heeseung?", I asked, making Jake look between the two of us curiously.

"Can we talk alone for a second?"

"Okay", I muttered, patting Jake's arm before rising to my feet. Brushing my pants down, I made my way towards where Heeseung was standing.

He turned and led me away from Jake who was watching us. I followed after him quickly, wanting to know why he asked of me. When he reached another tree further down the field, Heeseung settled down onto the ground and put his bag down beside him.

He was looking up me, watching me, "Sit down please"

I glanced down at him curiously when I realized that his expression was nervous. Somehow that single expression from him had the ability to get my heart racing. I cleared my throat uncomfortably.

"Why do you want to talk to me?", I asked, startling him from his daze.

"Right", Heeseung muttered under his breath and started to rummage through his bag.

I took the chance to sit down before him as I stretched my legs out in front of me. Heeseung found whatever he had been looking for and I couldn't help but smile when he pulled out a small teddy bear from his bag.

He handed it to me. Like the first one that he had given me, this one is cute but this time, it has a tiny bag on it's back.

"Can you open the bag please?", he asked before almost instantly recognizing the smile from my face, "I'm going to take it as a yes then"

"Yes to what?", I started quietly, opening the bag and saw a folded small piece of paper.

When I saw what it has written inside, Heeseung turned his head to the side and was shyly scratching at his neck. An involuntary smile made it's way onto my face when I read over the words he wrote.

Why didn't this surprise me?

Can I get your number?

Just say Yes or No.

- Heeseung

I know that he had always been one of the boys your mom would love to talk about. It seemed as if the same thing applied to the way he makes a move on a girl as well.

But a question still stood; does he like me or he was just being a friendly?

"My god", I muttered to myself, "You are something else, Heeseung"

Looking back to where I sat earlier, I caught sight of Jake. He looked up at me and waved his hand. I gave him a small wave in return before looking back at the waiting Heeseung.

Giving me an amused smile, he asked, "So what did you think?"

"What was I supposed to think?", I asked truthfully.

He gave me an unbelievable look, "So you don't want to give it, it's fine"

"No, I thought it was very sweet", I said before gesturing for his phone and typed my number on it. It's not like it would be a big problem to give it to him.

"And?", he prompted.

"This was like the first time a guy asked for my number, so I didn't know how to react properly"

Recognition seemed to dawn on him, "Wait a second. Did Jay not asked for your number? I thought he did"

I sent him a flabbergasted look before I shook my head, "He just texted me one day demanding my presence on his house"

He sighed through his nose and ran a hand through his hair, "Why am I even bringing him up?"

"Why not?", I asked.

"This is about you and I", he said firmly, leaving no chance for me to understand. He sat in silence waiting for it to sink in.

"You mean to say you like me!", I reached over to slap his arm in shock.

He winced as I hit him, "Well you do tend to be oblivious, it was already screaming right at your face but you have a hard time picking on it"

"Wait, wait, wait", I muttered, reflecting back on all the times we talked, "But how? We were never close to begin with"

Heeseung looked away from me momentarily and I followed his eyes. He was watching the cloud above us, it was beautiful today even though it hurts to look at it for too long.

"For a long time, I have a small crush on you", he started, filling me with fluttering feelings inside in an instant, "I just stop myself because I know you'll never notice me with Jay being there"

"That was wrong by the way", I answered to him too quickly.

He gave me a look, "Don't push it. We can be friends for now"

"I'm not pushing it. I'm just saying that I might give you a chance", I said watching his facial expression change completely.

"Should I work for the approval of that Jake as well?", he asked playfully.

"You can try", I said nudging him with my shoulder, "You have to earn his yes too"

He smiled again, but it wasn't amusement. This one looked too soft. I felt something in my heart flutter by the sight of it being caused by me.

"This is so unexpected", Heeseung then rose to his feet and gestured to where Jake is waiting, "Now before the two of us get carried away.. Return back to your friend. I'll text you later"

He hadn't looked away yet and I was too damn happy not to oblige.

Damn you Heeseung.. Now Jay's chances was currently going down to nothing.