CHAPTER 29

Angel's POV

The doctors have been checking up on Luci for the past week. Giving her appointments to start her therapy, but she was mean to everyone and grumpy all the time. Today she can leave the hospital and I was pushing her out of the hospital to the car. My mom was waiting for us in the parking lot, she waved at us with a small smile on her face.

"Good morning Lucifer" she said patting her shoulder, Luci gave her a small smile and mumbled a good morning. We helped her inside the car and I got it next to her.

"Are you going back to school?" I asked her, she looked out the window but still replied.

"I guess, I have no choice" she huffed, I took her hand in mine and intertwined our fingers. She looked at our tangled hands and back at me with a smile.

When we reached the house, Lili and Momma were waiting for us at the door. Lucia opened my door, she passed me the new wheelchair and we helped Luci sit.

"Hello there, I'm Tala's wife. You can call me Density and this is my youngest daughter Lili" Luci smiled at them, she gave them a real one this time not the fake one she gave mom at the hospital.

"Nice to meet you ma'am, thank you for letting me stay at your house" she said politely shaking her hand. My mom just chuckled and welcomed her home.

"I'll show you to your room" I said leaving everyone in the living room. I wanted to push her but she said she can manage. She followed me as we reached a door. We went inside and she went looking around, she got closer to the bed. I was about to go to her but she stopped me again and pushed herself off of the wheelchair and sat on the bed with a sigh. I smiled proudly at her and she gave me a smile back.

"Can you help me get these off" she said struggling take her pants off, I just stood there looking at her. She gave me a confused look and then realized I can see bulge through the boxers, my eyes widened and I blushed clearing my throat.

"The doctor said I can still have an erection and I forgot about that" she said nervously hiding herself with a pillow, I just chuckled and pulled her pants off trying my best not to stare at what's between her legs. I went and grabbed some shorts and helped her put them on.

"Thank you" she mumbled not looking at me, she looked embarrassed that she couldn't do this by herself. I kissed her cheek and sat next to her holding her hand.

"I'm here with you Luci, I promise I'm here. And I don't care that you're in a wheelchair, I still love you" her eyes widened and I just smiled. She looked surprised that I said it, she didn't move she just stared at me shocked. I leaned in and kissed her lips. It took her a second but she responded to my kiss, I missed her lips on mine. They are the softest and sweetest I've ever tasted.

"Angel are you h- I'M SORRY!" Lili's voice made both of us jump and look at her. She had her back turned to us while still saying sorry.

"I'm sure it's not the first time you've seen two people kiss" I said chuckling, Luci asked me to hold the wheelchair still so she can move herself on it, so we can go to the living room. Tomorrow we both had school and I wasn't excited to go at all.

Luci's POV

I was wheeling myself through the hallways, while Angel was walking next to me. It's been a week since I first appeared with this stupid wheelchair to school and I still haven't gotten used to the stares. I hated that everyone was looking at me, I hated the look of pity on their faces.

"Babe?" I heard Angel's voice, I hummed and turned to look at her. She had a small smile on her face which put a smile on mine. I remember two days ago when we were sitting in the back porch of the house stargazing but I wasn't looking at the sky my eyes were only on her.

*Flashback*

"It's beautiful isn't it" she whispered staring at the sky, but I was looking at beautiful moonlight on her face.

"It is" I said, she felt my stare on her face and she turned to look at me. Even though it was night I can see the blush on her face, she bit her lip out of nervousness and looked away.

"Angel..." I whispered, she looked at me and I felt my heartbeats increase speed. I was nervous and anxious, I had all different types of emotions going crazy inside me. But I can only think of one.

"I know I've done so many horrible things to you and I regret that I-"  she cut me off,

"Lucifer come on w-"

"Just let me finish, please. I know I've done so many things that I regret, but there's one thing I'm still holding on to, one thing that I'll never regret and that is loving you Angel. I know my legs don't work but my heart does and it beats for you..." She smiled holding my hand in hers and getting closer to my side. I stopped to look at the state I was in, I tried not pity myself and just say what I was holding inside for a while wether she accepts it or not.

"I want to be with you Angel, but all I can think of is how can you be with someone like me..." She stood up and sat on my lap, I chuckled because I couldn't really feel her weight. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me for a kiss.

"I want to be with you too Luci because I love you for who you are..." She whispered against my lips making me smile and kiss her again.

***************************

Here's a happy chapter 🤠
Have a good one!!

-S