CHAPTER 28

Angel's POV

It's been two months and Luci was still in a hospital bed, I came to see her again today because I just want to check up on her even though the doctors said they don't think she'll ever wake up. I felt my tears fall down on my cheek, I laid my head on her bed and held her hand and without even knowing I drifted to sleep.

I felt something brush against my head and it made me stir a little, I opened my eyes and I saw my mom standing in the door with a small smile on her face. I got up and ran to her hugging her. She kissed my head and patted my shoulder.

"You should rest a little you know, you can't just stay here for hours" she said, I looked back at Luci's body laying on that bed.

"I don't know mom, maybe she can hear me when I tell her about my day. I just want her to know I'm here waiting for her" I wiped a tear off my cheek and just sat back on the chair next to the bed. My mom sighed and smiled sadly at me.

"Cmon let's go home" she said passing me my bag, I kissed Luci's knuckles and went to the door.

I put my hand on the the knob and what I heard made me stop, her heartbeats changed rhythm they were beating much faster until at one point they stop and the line was straight. My mom was grabbing my shoulders shaking me but I couldn't hear her voice or what she was saying. Nurses came running to the room and I was pulled out of there, I didn't even see what was happening. I was just spaced out and my mom trying to get me to talk to her.

"Angel!!" My eyes finally blinked and looked at her. She had a worried look on her face, I blinked a couple of times with a small smile on my face.

Luci's POV

I heard a lot of voices some were familiar and some weren't but they were very far and barely audible. They slowly started to get louder and louder until they felt like I was in the same room as them.

"Luci?! Can you hear me?!" Angel's voice was very close and I tried to say something but my throat was too dry, I couldn't open my eyes so I tried to move my fingers.

"Mom she moved her finger!" I heard shuffling around and more voices were added. A few seconds of trying to open my eyes, I can finally see light. It was blinding me making me squeeze my eyes shut.

I finally got adjusted to the light and I found myself staring at the white ceiling of a hospital.

"Miss Dunkel can you hear me?" I slowly nodded my head and turned to look at the person talking to me, an old man with a white coat. After he did a quick eye check up and other things, I could finally look at her standing in the corner of the room with her hand over her mouth. Her red hair rested perfectly on her shoulders and her eyes that I missed looking at had a tears in them, I smiled at her and she sobbed moving closer to the bed. She laid her head on my shoulder and cried, I gently caressed her back enjoying her beautiful scent coating me. She pulled back and smiled wiping her tears and sniffling cutely. I pointed to the water bottle on the table and she grabbed it and asked me to sit up.

I tried to move my legs to pull myself up but they won't move. She looked at me confused. I tried to moved my toes but no response.

"Get the doctor" was the only thing I said, she didn't question me and ran out the door. The doctor walked in he asked me what's wrong.

"I can't move my legs" I said, he pulled the sheets off of my legs and started grabbed on my foot and asking me if I can feel anything then on knee, nope nothing. Then at my thighs still nothing I didn't feel his on me.

"At the look of it, Ms Dunkel you're paralyzed from the waist down" He kept explaining the conditions and why it happened but I was too shocked to listen to what he was saying. I felt a hand in mine that made me look up at Angel. She had a sad look on her face, she caressed my face gently and kissed my cheek.

"It's going to be okay, we'll do therapy sessions and everything will be just f-"

"No it's not!! It's not gonna be JUST FINE. I can't feel anything Angel, do you understand that?!! I can't feel shit!" I put my head in my palms and just wished I was dead instead of this pitiful situation I was put it in.

**************************
Well she's alive that's what matters...

-S