Johnny and Dora Part 2

"Thank you so much for waiting. Your table is almost ready" said the hostess, walking over. 

"Great" you said. 

The hostess walked away.

"Sorry about springing the engagement and the romantic stuff on you" you said.

"No, no, no. That was great. I mean, it's what got us in here. Cheek kiss was a bit much" said Jake.

The hostess walked over. "Okay, and if you'll just follow me."

You and Jake followed the hostess to your table.

"Well, the honeymoon's over, Dora. We're back to being Jake and y/n, to normal cops working a job" Jake said.

"All right, there you go" said the hostess, pointing to your table right next to Augustine's.

"Thanks" said Jake.

"You're the couple that just got engaged" said the woman with Augustine.

"That's us, Johnny and Dora, a couple for sure" Jake said awkwardly.

He grabbed your hand and showed it to Augustine and his girlfriend.

-------------------------

Jake poured champagne into your glass. "Wow, champagne and oysters. You really shouldn't have, guys."

"Well, it's a special night. So when did you guys meet?" asked Augustine.

"Last year" said Jake at the same time you said "Five years ago."

"We first met five years ago, but we don't count it, because..." you said.

"I was dating a speedboat model at the time" said Jake.

"And I was dating a businessman" you said.

"Anyways, about a year ago, we bumped into each other at a bar, and we haven't been able to keep our hands off each other since" Jake said.

"So how did you know she was the one?" asked Augustine's girlfriend.

"I'd love to answer that. Um, you know, just whenever I look at her face and the attached physique" said Jake.

"And you?"

"Uh... He makes me laugh" you said. 

"And you know, there's really no one else's opinion who I care about more than hers, so..." Jake said.

"Okay, so enough chit chat, let's see the ring" the girlfriend said, holding out her hand.

"I don't have it on me" you said.

"It was too small" said Jake.

-------------------------

"Can you get the car from the valet, babe?" asked Augustine. "I'm gonna go in the back and say hi to the chef."

Augustine stood up, taking the laptop bag with him. 

"Good luck on your wedding, guys. Oh, have fun on your honeymoon" said his girlfriend, also standing up.

"We will. We're going to Europe" you said.

"Oh, nice. Bye" she said, leaving.

"Bye" said Jake. "All right, Augustine took the laptop bag with him. He's gonna make the drop. Let's go."

You and Jake walked along to the kitchen and saw Augustine handing something to the chef.

"Look, there's the buyer. Or maybe he's actually saying hi to the chef?" you said.

"Why isn't he making the handoff?" asked Jake.

Augustine looked directly at you and Jake.

"Oh, crap, he saw us. Uh..." said Jake, and he wrapped his hands around your waist and kissed you.

"Excuse me" said Augustine, coming out of the kitchen. You and Jake broke apart, your arms still round each other.

"Oh, hey. We were just looking for a place to, uh..." said Jake.

"Boink" you said quickly.

"Yep. Boink" Jake said. "That's my preferred term for it as well."

"I get it. Newly engaged kids. Enjoy" Augustine said.

"Thanks" said Jake.

You both took your arms from each other as fast as possible.

"Good. Good, good, good, good. We kept our cover intact. Nice work" Jake said.

"Quick, professional thinking out there. Very quick. Very professional" you said.

"Detective" said Jake.

"Detective" you said.

Y/n and Jake shook hands.

"Let's get back on the case" said Jake.

"Yes" you said.

Y/n and Jake walked back to the table and left the restaurant.

-------------------------

Rosa followed Augustine's car in the undercover van with you and Jake sitting awkwardly in the back next to each other.

"So, how was the restaurant?" asked Charles.

"Such a normal time!" you said.

"Why are you being weird?" Charles asked.

"Y/n and I kissed" answered Jake.

Charles freaked out. "What?"

"To keep our cover from being blown; We didn't have a choice" you said.

"Tell me everything!" said Charles.

"Charles, it was just a kiss, okay? It was for work. It was nothing" Jake said.

"Yeah, who cares about a kiss? Call me if you grab each other's asses" Rosa said. "He's pulling over. It's going down."

"You guys are so naïve" said Charles. "It's never nothing. In high school, I played Daddy Warbucks in Annie. Becca Murse played Annie, and we were supposed to hug onstage. At first, that seemed like nothing too, but by opening night, we were full on making out."

"As Daddy Warbucks and Annie?" you asked.

"Mm-hmm. The audience was not on board. Playwright sued the school" said Charles.

"Guys, guys, it's not a handoff. He's dropping off the package" said Rosa.

"Okay, you and Rosa follow Augustine" Jake said.

"Right, and you and y/n follow your hearts" Charles said.

"No, we're gonna stay with the package" said Jake as you and him got out of the van.

"And each other forever" said Charles.

"Come on, man" Jake said.