Captain Peralta Part 2

Captain Holt walked into the briefing room as Jake started to speak.

"All right, let's talk about my dad's case" said Jake.

"The case of why he came to town? I solved it: Because he wanted to take advantage of his son" said Charles.

"Okay, fine" said Jake. "First I was a little upset, but then I realized this is great. You know, we'll get to spend some time together, and he'll see what a good cop I am."

"He should already think you're great. Like with my dad, he doesn't need me to prove to him that Jake Peralta is the best cop in the precinct. He knows it!" Charles said.

"Tell us about the case" Holt said.

"Here's what we know so far. One, Hungarian sausage is an oily mess, and it causes nonstop dumps" said Jake, handing Holt some files.

"We didn't know to know that, Jake" you said.

"The incontinence is a small price to pay for the deliciousness" Charles said.

"It's disgusting and it was a terrible recommendation" said Jake. 

Charles sighed.

"Two, the Canadian cops think that my dad used his security clearance to smuggle in over a thousand pills of Turgidol" said Jake.

"Canadian erection medication. Very potent. What? I don't need it. But I love it" said Hitchcock.

"Oh, boy" said Jake as Charles said "Three, the case against him looks pretty solid. Four, he's never been a good dad to Jake."

"Five, he has been a good dad, especially from ages zero through seven and yesterday through forever. Six, nonstop dumps" Jake said.

"Again, with the nonstop dumps, no one wanted to hear that" you said.

"Enough. How did you read these files?" asked Holt. "They're in French."

"Scully, with help from y/n, translated them for me" said Jake.

"When I was nine, my parents took me to Paris, and they accidently left me at the Louvre. By the time they figured it out, they were already back in Queens" Scully said.

"Okay, no one cares about your boring life, Scully. This is about my dad and proving his innocence. Sir, I'd like to go to Canada for a few days and help him out" Jake said.

"Of course, but take Boyle with you. It'd be good to have an objective set of eyes" said Holt.

"Fine, but under protest because he's a jerk" said Jake. "Also, we'd like to take Scully and l/n with us."

"Well, perfect. I do you a favor; you do me one too. Thank you" said Holt as Scully gave him a thumbs up.

------------------

The intercom dinged and Roger said "Hello, ladies and gentlemen. This is your captain speaking."

Jake leaned round to the lady in front and said "That's my dad. The captain talking right now, I came out of his body. No big deal."

"We're headed for an on-time arrival in Drummondville, Quebec. Folks, this is a special flight for me, because sitting in seat 3B is my son, Jake Peralta, one of New York's finest" said Roger and everyone clapped politely.

"Oh. Thanks, Dad. Love you too" said Jake. "Got to admit, it was pretty nice of him to bump us up to first class."

"Ugh, this plush fabric is making my rump sweat" Charles said.

"Maybe you're just a little too uncultured to enjoy such a sophisticated kind of an experience" Jake said.

"Scully, move your seat. I came to first class to have leg room, not to be squashed by your chair leaning back" you complained, whilst putting your headphones in.

Scully moved his seat.

"Oh, brother" said Charles.

Jake used an English accent. "What do you say there, Scully, old boy?"

"Look at this nut mix: It's half cashews! I hope we never land!" said Scully excitedly.

"So loud" Jake said as Roger walked out. 

"Hey, guys" said Roger. "How you enjoying the flight?"

"It's great, thank you" you said.

Roger sat down. "So, how's the case going?"

"Oh, good. We already have four suspects who work at the airport, and I want to talk to your girlfriend, Denise, because she had access to your bags" said Jake.

"Not on the night in question. She's been spending some time at her place. Relationships are complicated" Roger said.

"You cheated on her a bunch, and she found out" Charles said.

"Okay, I deserve that" said Roger. "Charles, I have cheated on women in the past and on this one too."

"You got a penchant for blondes" Jake said.

"Hey, come on, you can't blame a guy for occasionally dropping anchor at the cold Commodore Club" said Roger. 

Jake and Roger laughed.

"So seriously, Jake, this is going to be okay?" asked Roger.

"Oh, yeah. You're going to be fine" said Jake.

"Yeah" said Scully, turning around and seeing Roger. "Oh, my God, y/n. Who's flying the plane?"

"Co-pilot, Scully. Co-pilot" you said.