ch.27

saige •

"thank you for watching him for me" i said one more time to marq "girl i got him, go" marq spoke laughing .

i left the house then got into my lyft .

i haven't been out the house or in a car in so long , but it was time for me to get my life back together.

amira invited me to the nail salon and i decided to go, being stuck in the house is depressing and i apparently don't have any friends now .

when i got to the nail salon amira was already sitting down with her feet in the water so i sat down beside her .

"hey girl" she spoke looking over at me "hey" i spoke as i held my hands out .

she handed me her sleeping baby , she named him makai .

"he looks just like you" i cooed as the nail lady started on my feet .

" ik we not close but i wanted to check on u and get u out the house , how have you been?"

"better then last week i guess , but having help around the house has made it so much better for me"

"help? who's over there brielle?" amira asked me .

"no umm marq has been helping since i got home"

her whole facial expression changed "really? he hasn't even seen makai in person yet, only pictures" she spoke .

"really ? i'm sorry" i spoke .

"so are y'all like together romantically now or?" she asked .

all in my business.

"well no, i feel like he's moving too fast but i don't wanna tell him then he leaves because he is a big help like he's been cooking and cleaning and changing diapers" i spoke .

if marq was to leave i'd probably fall right back into the depressive state i was in .

it's just better having someone around and not being alone , but i'm definitely not ready for a relationship especially not with marq .

"i hope he's not taking advantage of you" amira spoke .

"i don't think he is" i said .

"okay but you know how manipulative marq is , just don't let your guard down , and you know you can call me whenever i'll babysit for you if you need a break or anything you're not alone"

i nodded then her baby started to cry so i handed his lil ass right back over to her .

"what color you want yo nail?" the nail lady asked me .

"ima go with light pink" i spoke and she nodded .

••••••••••••••••

is amira right or should saige trust marq ? ❤️

.