25

omniscient •

saige layed on her couch rubbing her stomach as she scrolled through her pictures .

she had just put ayden to sleep and was missing brandon so much that she wanted to look at their old pictures.

she never thought about losing brandon like that, he was her soulmate .

she found out that she was pregnant with a girl and planned on naming her after her dad , so a name that started with me B .

it had been a week and she hadn't planned no funeral, she hadn't touched none of his clothes or anything he had in the house .

and she also had no appetite, but she knew losing her baby would add on to the pain so she drunk protein shakes and ate fruits as much as she could .

hearing a knock at her door saige rolled her eyes and went back to looking at the pictures .

after about 3 minutes of the person knocking non stop she got annoyed and got up .

she swung the door open and when she saw it was marq standing on her porch she tried to close the door back but he opened it .

"don't you have a new born to be taking care of?" saige asked as she walked back to her spot on the couch.

marq locked the door and followed her "i wanted to give my condolences" he spoke .

"well thank you i guess" saige spoke .

marq sat down on the couch beside her "where's ayden?"

"why?"

"saige stop acting like a bitch when i'm trying to be nice to you"

"well i don't need it , you've been out of our lifes for months , keep it like that"

"why though? you have a 1 year old and one on the way, let me step up and start doing what i been should have done"

"so what made you have such a change at heart?" saige asked as she folded her arms .

"i've been thinking and i'm not the same man you met last year, i've had time to better myself and realize the shit i used to do and say wasn't right"

"actions speak louder then words i'll believe you've changed when i see it"

"and i plan on showing you , i'm ready to step up and do what i should've done the minute i found out you were pregnant"

saige nodded as she looked into marqs eyes .

"saige i've loved you ever since the first time i laid my eyes on you" marq spoke .

saige shook her head "marq stop with the lies"

"i'm not lying , let me be the man you need in your life" he spoke as he gently grabbed her chin.

marq leaned in and to his surprise saige closed her eyes and started to lean in as well .

once they started to kiss marq's hands started to roam her body , when he tried to pull her shirt off she broke the kiss .

"i'm not ready" she spoke as she backed away.

"okay i respect that" marq said . "and what's that smell?" he asked .

saige laughed "that might be my hair or clothes , i haven't showered since i got home from the hospital" she spoke .

"really saige ? you can't be doing that... did you bathe ayden?"

"yes of course i did, but i've been and still am depressed as fuck, brielle won't talk to me i mean i know she's grieving but having her here would have been so much better because i feel so alone " saige spoke as she started to cry.

"don't worry i'm here now and i'm not going nowhere" marq spoke as he leaned and and kissed her forehead .

"now let's go"

marq ran saige a bath and laid her clothes out for her , once she got in he closed the door and made his way to aydens nursery

marq cooed seeing ayden sleep body in the bed , he had a cast on his leg along with bandages on his body .

"he looks just like me" marq spoke as he slowly picked his son up.

"i got you forever son, you won't have to worry about anything, ever"

••••••••••••••••

do you think marq has really changed ? 🙂

are they moving too quick?

where's brielle?