Chapter 34: Christmas Spirit

Nico just wanted the month to be over. He was tired of constantly thinking about Bianca and her love for the holidays. Tired of thinking about how Christmas was her birthday. Tired of thinking about how Bianca was so excited. Tired about thinking about how his entire life changed from hearing one sentence. Tired of crying. Just tired in general. Ever since Bianca died, December had become his least favorite month.

   Will sat next to him, eating his breakfast. He was wrapped in a million layers of clothes even though it wasn't even cold enough to snow yet and was drinking hot chocolate. Nico only had on a jacket.

   "Why are you wearing so many layers?" Nico asked him.

   "I'm cold!" He whined.

   "It's not even that cold out. I'm only wearing a jacket."

   Will sighed. "Have you ever noticed I seem to get cold easier when the sun isn't out? Well, it's a stupid child of Apollo thing. We get colder easier."

   "You're joking."

   "I wish I was."

   Nico sighed. "That sucks. Come on, after breakfast lets go warm up in my cabin."

   Will grinned with a whipped cream mustache. "Okay."

   Soon the 2 boys were sitting cross legged on Nico's bed.

   "I've been working really hard on your Christmas present, death boy." Will said.

   Nico raised an eyebrow. "Really? I've told you already; I'm not participating in Christmas."

   "But I thought when we talked the other day-"

   "When we talked the other day, you found out why I was upset. You didn't end up telling me to participate."

   Will banged his head against the wall. "You are such a pain in the ass."

   "It's the truth, though."

   "Please. I've been working really hard on your present, and I don't want to stop halfway through it. You don't have to get me anything. You don't even have to say Merry Christmas. Just please participate." He gave Nico puppy dog eyes.

   Nico sighed. "Fine. I'll do it."

   Will grinned and kissed Nico on the nose. "Thank you!"

   Nico blushed. "Yeah, whatever."

   "Oh, I'm so excited!" Will said, clapping his hands. "I'm going to go work on your present right now!"

   Will ran out of the cabin. Nico sat thinking. There was no way that Will was going to get him a present, and Nico not even get him one in return. That wasn't even questionable. The real question was: what was he going to get Will for Christmas?

   Soon Nico was standing in the doorway of the Hermes cabin asking for Cecil Markowitz. Their cabin had decorations in the windows and Christmas music playing.

   Cecil popped his head out of the cabin. "Oh! Hey, Nico. What's up?"

   "I was wondering what I should get Will for Christmas."

   Cecil smiled and stepped out to where Nico was standing. "Okay. Well, you got him the things he really liked for his birthday, so I would say getting him something Star Wars related would be cool."

   "I don't really know anything about Star Wars. What characters does he even like? I literally don't know anything but the title and that there are characters named Luke, Leia, and Han Solo, and that's because Will mentioned them."

   "Well, his favorite characters are Han Solo and Yoda." Cecil started explaining all of this geeky Star Wars stuff. Nico thought about how he used to be super geeky. How did he manage to like somebody who was like that?

   After a long talk about Star Wars, Nico decided what he was going to get Will. He thanked Cecil and went back to his cabin.