Chapter 26: Great News!

Will ran out of Nico's cabin and right into Cecil.

   "Woah, woah, woah! Careful! What are you doing?" Then his eyes bulged. "Wait, did you just come out of Nico's cabin?!" A sly grin appeared on his face.

   Will blushed. "N-no! It's not what you think! We were talking last night and fell asleep. But great news, though! We're dating!"

   Cecil smiled a more genuine smile. "Really? See, I told you! Congratulations!"

   "Thanks! See you later! Oh, and don't tell anybody!" Will ran off to go to his cabin.

   As soon as he entered his cabin, his siblings looked up.

   "Where the heck were you last night?" Kayla asked.

   "No time to explain! I came to tell you me and Nico are dating!"

   Will's 3 siblings looked at one another, then at Nico. Kayla and Brooke started squealing while Austin started jumping around. They all ran over to him and squeezed him tightly.

   "Alright, enough, guys! I can't breathe!" Said Will, laughing.

   They all sat around gossiping for a while when Brooke stood up.

   "Looks like it's time for me to go home." Brooke announced.

   "What?!" Will asked.

   "Well, I want to go to school and go home to see my family. I stayed so that I could see you guys get together. Honestly, I thought it would take a lot longer for you guys to get together, though."

   "You were that confident we were going to get together?"

   "Yep. I knew it in my heart. I love you 2 so much, you're absolutely perfect together! And just look at the contrast! A son of Hades and a son of Apollo! Opposites really do attract, don't they? Plus, Nico's been through so much pain, he needs healing! And who better to heal him then a doctor? Like you said all those years ago, you're his solace! Oh gods, I've been shipping you guys since I was 10! Then she put her lips to his ear. "Don't tell anyone I said this, but I actually ship you guys more than Percy and Annabeth! You're my otp!" Brooke whispered.

   Will chuckled. "You sure are a fangirl, aren't you?"

   "Yep!"

   Just as Brooke was about to say something else, the Apollo cabin was interrupted by one of the campers.

   "Hey, guys! Jason and Piper are back!" The girl said, out of breath.

   Will ran out of his cabin followed closely by his siblings. As soon as he saw Nico coming out of his cabin, Will ran in his direction.

   As soon as Will stopped to stand by Nico's side, Nico whispered in his direction. "Now that we're together around people, please try and act normal."

   "Please? That's mighty polite of you."

   "I'm usually a polite guy. Just not around you because you're annoying. Sometimes I slip up, though."

   Will laughed. "So, are you going to be telling them?"

   Nico went red in the face. "W-well, Jason told me to tell him when we got together..."

   "He really said that? What? When?"

   "At the end of August when the 2 of them were leaving to go look for Leo."

   "Why would he say that?"

   "I would assume it was because I kind of told him I liked you a few days before your birthday."

   "He knew? And you've liked me since the end of August?"

   "Actually, I think that I started getting feelings for you when we were battling together against the Romans and Gaea...."

   Will stopped walking and turned to Nico. "You've liked me that whole time?!"

   Nico blushed. "Yeah..."

   "And you never told me?!"

   Nico hit Will on the arm. "Hey, I wasn't the one who had a crush on you since I was 11!"

   "Touche."

   As they walked towards Half-Blood Hill together, they saw a silhouette of two people. As they got closer, it became clear that it was in fact Jason Grace and Piper Mclean. There was already a crowd growing around the 2. They joined them.

   People were talking and laughing and all trying to ask questions at once. Jason was trying to answer them the best he could.

   "Um, we went to a lot of different places. No, we still couldn't find Leo. Yes, we left the country." Then he turned bright red. "N-no! Of course not!" Will didn't hear the question, though.

   Once everything calmed down and everyone was sent to continue camp activities, the only other two left around the new arrivals were Nico and Will.

   "Hey, Nico! Hey, Will! It's good to see you guys again!" Jason said. Piper said something similar.

   "So why did you stop by?" Nico asked.

   "Chiron said once it was November, if we still hadn't found Leo, we should probably go to school."

   "So here we are, in November, still with no Leo." Piper sighed. "Oh well, I'm sure he'll come back eventually."

   "So, I think Nico has something to tell you guys." Will said.

   Jason and Piper turned towards Nico, who was yet again blushing. Nico blushes so much, Will thought.

   Nico scowled at Will and turned to his friends. "Well Jason, you told me you wanted me to tell you when it happened. I mean, I didn't think it would, but.." Nico cleared his throat. "Will and I are dating."

   It was hard to tell because of his glasses, but Will swore it looked like Jason was crying. "Dude, dude that is so great, oh gods, this is amazing!" He exclaimed. He enveloped Nico in a hug.

   As Nico was pushing Jason off, he frowned. "Announce it to the whole world, will you?"

   Jason laughed and pushed up his glasses. "I'm sorry, I'm just really happy for you. You've gone through so much and you finally now have somebody for you!"

   "Jeez, we just made it official this morning. It's not like we're getting married or anything."

   "And I'll totally be there for that, too!"

   Both Nico and Will blushed at that statement.

   Piper gave Nico and Will a big smile. "I knew you 2 were perfect for each other! I'm very happy for you, Nico. And Will." Then she turned her gaze to look right at Will. He felt like Piper was staring into his soul. Still smiling, she said to Will, "But if you break his heart, I won't hesitate to break your skull. So don't think about hurting him."

   Nico and Jason both stared at Piper in shock. Will felt beads of sweat fall from his neck, and he had the sudden urge to run and hide as far away from Piper as he could. "Of course not."

   Piper turned her attention back to everyone else and clapped her hands. "We'll be leaving tomorrow morning to start school. We're gonna go settle in, so we can all hang out later, okay?"

   They all nodded and headed off to what they were planning on doing. Will still felt a little shaken up from what Piper had said, but overall he was ecstatic. For he had finally gotten his wish.