Chapter 30: Operations

"Come on, Nico! I know you don't have any anymore, but can't you just tell me how it works?"

   Nico was scowling. A usual for him. "No way, Solace. I've told you a million times, mythomagic was just a stupid card game!"

   "Just tell me how to play it?"

   "No."

   "Please?"

   "No."

   "At least tell me what Hades' attack power was!"

   "No!"

   Will was about to ask him again when there was a knock on the door.

   "I'll get it." Will said, getting up.

   He opened it and was surprised to see a whole group of campers surrounding the cabin. One girl was in the front with a worried expression on her face.

   "We need your help, Will! There's a new camper who just arrived, and she's badly injured!"

   Will immediately started running out the door, and everyone followed. He heard Nico behind him.

   As he was running towards the infirmary, he asked questions. "What happened?" He demanded.

   "Her satyr told me that it was a monster attack. A Hellhound." Kayla said.

   "Is her satyr alright?"

   "Yes, he's fine. A few scratches. He feels extremely bad about not being able to protect her, but there were other monsters he was fighting when she was injured."

   "Well, it isn't his fault. What's her injury?"

   "As far as we can tell, a concussion and a mess of an injury on her stomach. We don't know anything else. She's unconscious, which isn't good."

   "Indeed it's not." Will made it to the infirmary where she was laying. Her satyr was sitting next to her with tears in his eyes. "Can you please back up? I'm about to start an operation." He said to the satyr. He nodded and backed away. Will ordered all the campers to continue on with their day.

   "Nico! Take off her shirt, please. I need to find my peppermint scents."

   "W-wait. You want me to help?" Nico asked, shocked.

   "Yes, I do. You know a lot about injuries from all the ones that you've gotten."

   "I'm not a doctor!"

   "I'm technically not, either!"

   Nico breathed. "Okay, fine. But why do I need to take her shirt off?"

   "Yes, I know what you're thinking. But she has bad scratches that need to be looked at. Doctor's have to do that sometimes. I've had to do that quite a bit over the years."

   "Okay, okay." Nico pulled her shirt off as Will found his scents. He put on gloves and handed a pair to him.

   He put the peppermint underneath her nose, and her eyes fluttered open. "W-where am I?" She asked weakly.

   Will gave her a soft smile. "You're safe. I just have to do some operations on you, okay? I'm sorry you have to be awake for this, but here are some painkillers. Here's a cup of water."

   She looked around confusedly. "I-I don't think I can lift my arms."

   "Okay, that's alright. I'll have to shove it down your throat, okay?"

   The girl nodded.

   "Alright, 1,2,3!"

   She swallowed the pill. Just then she seemed to realize her shirt was off revealing her bra."U-um, isn't there a girl doctor?"