Chapter 21: Resolution

Nico walked out of his cabin and saw Will Solace sitting with one of his siblings. Brooke maybe? He felt a pang of guilt for how he had reacted.

   When Will saw Nico, he immediately stood up. Nico stopped at the edge of his cabin and leaned against it, waiting for Will to walk over.

   "Nico! Are you alright?"

   "I'm fine."

   "Hold on a minute, I'll be right back!" He ran off and came back with food a minute later.

   "You didn't need to bring me food."

   "You haven't eaten in two days! Eat up!"

   "Were you waiting out there the whole time?" Nico asked, shoveling food in his mouth.

   "Yes."

   "Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you like that. I was just really upset. I thought that you wouldn't want to be my friend if I liked boys." Nico was surprised by the words coming out of his mouth. He didn't usually apologize to people. But Will was an exception. Will was always an exception.

   Will looked surprised by the apology as well. "It's okay, Nico. And of course I'd still want to be your friend."

   Nico tried to hide his faint smile. "Thanks, Solace."

   "So are you going to dress up for Halloween?" He asked.

   "Maybe."

   "I have an idea!"

    "It better be good."

   "We could dress up as each other!"

   Nico imagined Will in black skinny jeans and a skull shirt. His face turned bright red. "That is the worst idea that I have ever heard."

   "Aw, come on! It's not that bad of an idea!"

   "Yes it is."

   "Please?"

   "No."

   "Fine then. Doctor's orders!"

   "You can't just-"

   "Oh yes I can!"

   "But-"

   "No buts!"

   Nico slumped, defeated. Will was not going to budge on this one. "Fine. But I will not act like you."

   "That's fair. I'll still act like you, though!"

   Nico rolled his eyes. Will was so ridiculous. He still didn't quite get why he would want to hang out with Nico of all people, but there was no point arguing about it. Will had won more than that argument. He had won his heart.