Chapter 7: A Note from Leo

Later that day, when Nico and Will were in their afternoon activities, Jason and Piper ran towards them, Jason waving something in his hands. Jason turned to Piper, and Piper ran in the opposite direction.

   As soon as Jason reached where Nico and Will were standing, he set down the piece of paper. A second later, Piper was back in sight with Percy and Annabeth on her tail.

   "What is going on?" Nico demanded.

   "A couple minutes ago, this showed up when Piper and I were doing our afternoon activities together!" He unrolled the parchment, and an image of Leo appeared.

   The mini Leo spread his arms out. "Hey, guys! Sorry to leave you like that. Bad news: I died. Good news: I got better! I had to go rescue Calypso. We're both fine now. We're taking Festus to-" The image cut out for a minute. "Back as soon as-" It happened again. "Cook tacos when-" More cutting out. "!Vaya con queso! Love ya!" Then the image was gone.

   They all stared at it in silence. After a few seconds had passed, Annabeth started cursing. "Oh my gods, I can't believe this! We were all mourning him, then he sends this?! This is as bad as when Percy crashed his funeral!"

   "Um, what?" Jason asked.

   Annabeth swatted his question aside. "It doesn't matter! What are we going to do?!"

   "Well, Jason and I are going to look for him, of course." Piper said.

   "Definitely. We'll leave tomorrow afternoon. We'll come back a few days for Percy's birthday, and capture the flag, but that's it."

   Annabeth was shaking her head and Percy was laughing. Nico scowled. "This is totally something Leo would do." He said.

   Soon all of the campers and Chiron were watching the scroll. All of them had very different reactions. Some were crying, some were laughing, some were cursing. Even Chiron seemed surprised.

   "Well, I guess I was right when I thought something was off with his death." Nico mumbled.

   "Hmm?" Will asked him.

   "When I felt Leo's death, there was something....strange about it. I didn't tell many people because I didn't want to get their hopes up."

   "Oh."

   "I'm keeping this in my pocket so I can get angry at him whenever I look at it. I'm going to kill him when he gets back here."

   "Not if I kill him first!" Piper said.