Quiet Place- Nineteen

"Melody I literally hate you," Fatin said slowly. "What the fuck did I do?" I laughed half-heartedly.

"I can't believe you let me pee all over Leah last night?" Fatin explained.

My eyes widened in shock. Not to kink shame, but what the actual fuck. I wish I saw that though.

"Uhhh I don't think I was conscious for all of that." I laughed.

"I was" Shelby raised her hand. Fatin looked at Shelby apologetically "sorry" Fatin said softly.

"Why the fuck are you apologizing to her for, I'm the one who currently smells like piss" Leah complained.

"Valid point my dear friend, but you can't say a part of you didn't like it" Fatin smiled.

"Never heard anything more false in my life, I don't think I'll ever be the same, I'll never recover," Leah said taking off her shirt.

"This was my favourite shirt I had here" Leah added throwing her shirt at Fatin.

"Shelby will probably never look at you the same again," Rachel said fuelling the fire.

"ugh," Leah groaned. "That experience was more traumatic than being in a literal crashing plane" Leah went on.

"Stop being such a cry baby" Toni laughed. Fatin threw her arm around Toni. "See now Toni and I connect more on a personal level." Fatin grinned.

"What now?" Toni looked at Fatin confused. "You guys have both managed to get your urine on another person," I explained.

Fatin and Toni high-fived like it was some big accomplishment. "You guys are so immature" Rachel groaned.

"Can you get off my dick?" Toni responded. "Friendship guys" Shelby sang.

"Aries, it makes sense" Fatin whispered to me.

"Who actually believes in that astrology shit?" Toni groaned. "That's the Aries in you" Fatin replied.

"I think it's all a bit of fun, but I don't actually believe in it," Shelby added.

"Wait what sign are you?" I asked Shelby.

"I think a Gemini," Shelby replied. "No way me too," I said excitedly.

"I can totally see that," Fatin said thoughtfully. "There is more proof of astrology being real than a God you know," Nora said.

"You just got to have faith," Shelby replied to Nora. Toni rolled her eyes.

"Foods starting to get low" Dot said out of nowhere. "Might have to start cutting down the portions," I replied.

"Well, no shit." Rachel rolled her eyes. Nora placed her hand on Rachel's shoulder and whispered something to her. Rachel shook Nora's hand off of her.

Leah looked at me. I know what she wanted me to think. I honestly don't know what to think. I am sure as hell not going crazy over this.

I want to hold on to my sanity as long as I can, being with Toni kind of makes that difficult though. If ignorance is bliss, so be it.

"How long do you think we have till we run out of food?" Leah asked nervously.

Dot looked up like she was calculating in her head. "I think around two weeks." Dot replied.  "We're totally fucked" Rachel said throwing her arms into the air.

"Hey don't say that," Shelby said trying to help Rachel calm down. "It's fine guys at least we have unlimited water," Martha said looking around at everyone.

"Ya at least." I scoffed. Toni nudged my arm with her elbow.

"I don't think it matters if we run out of food," Leah said looking down at her feet.

I gave Leah a look trying to tell her that now isn't the time. I mean when is the right time?

"Here she goes." Rachel said mockingly. "If we run out of food more is probably going to show up." Leah started laughing hysterically.

"When's the last time you had water?" Nora asked Leah. Leah took a deep breath and started shaking her head.

"Of course Nora is trying to make me look crazy because she's... she's," Leah shouted getting lost in her words.

"Hope I'm not the next one to completely lose it." Rachel under her breath.

"I don't think she's crazy," I said to Rachel. "Of course you fucking don't you just as crazy as her," Rachel yelled.

"Hey let's not go there," Toni said stepping in front of me. Toni's eyes shot beams at Rachel.

"Can you guys stop painting me out to be some sort of villain of one second, God?" Rachel shouted.

"Not our fault that you're always wrong," I said. "Can we just stop fighting, life is already hard enough and you guys just love to make it that much harder." Dot said sternly.

"She's right." Shelby agreed.

After that, no one was really in the mood for anything. The faith that everyone had one day was gone.

Toni and I sat under a tree for some shade. "My sunburn is fucking killing me," Toni said taking out her ponytail letting her hair down.

"How do you manage to never get burned, it's not fair" Toni complained. "I'm just gifted like that." I smiled.

"Are you scared?" I asked Toni. I had come to terms with our situation and I accepted it but I never really thought about the possible death part.

I mean, of course, I thought about it but I just kind of rejected that thought.

"A little" Toni said softly. "I mean if I were to die today from starvation or some shit I don't think I would mind." Toni shrugged.

"Don't say that," I said looking into her eyes. "But it's true, Mel I don't really matter." Toni looked away from me.

"Not to be cliche, but you matter to me," I said taking her hand. "Ya for now." Toni scoffed.

"Why would you say that, you've always mattered to me," I reassured her.

"I just can't imagine how it's possible that someone could care about me the way I care for them, I don't know why," Toni said turning her head towards me.

Her eyes were watery but not enough for tears to fall. "Maybe it's something that ties back to my mom, I mean probably," Toni continued.

"Fuck your mom," I said confidently. Toni looked at me in confusion, I then realized how that might have come out wrong.

"Not like that, Oh no I did not mean it like that," I said trying to explain.

"She's so far away yet she still has her disgusting shackles on me." Toni laughed half-heartedly.

"She's doesn't have to," I said softly. Toni leaned her head on my shoulder.

We sat in silence for a while. Listening to the waves crash onto the said and the girls laughing at dumb shit.

I lifted our interlocked hands and kissed her hand softly. "Thank you," Toni whispered.

"For what?" I asked. "For just being my quiet place," Toni answered.