West- Ten

4 months ago

Over the past two months, I've seen Toni go through many girls, but it didn't really bother me because I knew deep down that she was just trying to get my attention.

I paid her no mind and just pretended she didn't exist, and that we were never a thing.

After Toni, I did everything by myself, I didn't mind.

I didn't hate Toni after the, I don't think I ever could. Toni was my first everything and I don't regret any of it.

I jumped at hearing my alarm go off for school. I stretched my arms and let out a yawn. I got ready for school and went downstairs for breakfast.

I sat down at the table."Morning," My dad said playfully punching my arm. I laughed "morning". "Here we are," my mom said presenting me pancakes and cut-up fruit.

My mom was like a ball of light, she could turn any situation into a happy one. "Thanks, mom," I said looking up at her.

I ate breakfast quickly because I was running a bit late. "How come we don't see Toni anymore," My mom asked out of curiosity.

My dad looked up from his meal and looked at me dead in the eye like he was trying to tell me something.

"Uhhh we just drifted," I said to my mom wiping my hands on a napkin. "You girls" my mom giggle, "when I was your age my best friend and I was the same" My mom added.

"Well I'm running late" I announced to my parents. I got up and kissed my mom on the cheek "Thanks for breakfast".

I grabbed my bag and got into my car.

I ran to the first period in fear that I was going to be late. I entered the science room and saw Toni giggling with Martha. Toni and Martha sat directly across from me.

"Class today we're doing partner work" our teacher announced. My lab partner was pretty chill so I didn't really care.

I looked over at West, my lab partner and smiled. "You and me again," I said with a smile, "You and me again" West confirmed.

We finished our worth before any other group so we had some free time. "I never really see you hang around anyone" West brought up. "I guess I don't really seem to get along with people here" I replied.

"You get along with me," West said turning towards me. "I guess I do" I agreed with him. "I'm so honoured to have the chance to talk to the one and only mysterious Melody Black" Westly teased.

"Shut up" I laughed at him. "You should come to my game tonight, and maybe we can hang out later" West offered me.

"Maybe I will," I grinned. I glanced to my left to see Toni with an angry expression on her face.

If she's mad at me right now, she has no right. Toni has been going through girls as often as she changed her clothes. I didn't even see West in that way, sure he was nice but I'm gay.

The only people who knew that I'm gay are Marth and Toni. I'm not ashamed, I'm just not ready yet.

No one knew about Toni and me either, we only hung out after school. I think a part of Toni thought I was ashamed of her.

Lunch eventually came. I sat down at a random table and pulled out my lunch. West came and sat across from me, I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Not so mysterious of you to be seen eating lunch with the captain of the football team" West teased. "Get over yourself" I joked.

"Your coming to my game right" West asked. "Possibly" I replied.

"Come on Melody be serious with me for one second," said West. "I guess we'll just have to see" I smiled at West innocently.

"You're killing me Mel" West smiled

Mel. I haven't heard anyone call me that in a while.

I cleared my throat and just up, "I'll see you when I see you, West" I said walking out of the cafeteria.

The rest of the day flew by really fast. I didn't have volleyball practice today so I went straight home and started getting ready for the game.

I took a quick shower and then sat down on my bed. What the fuck am I going to wear. I picked out some blue mom jeans and a brown tank top. I sat down in front of my vanity mirror and brushed my hair.

"Where are you going," My dad said walking into my room, "just supporting my friend at his football game" I replied.

" A boyfriend?" my dad questioned "Nope," I said still brushing my hair. My dad looked disappointed. I know that he was happy not seeing Toni but damn.

"Well I better go now before I miss something," I said dismissing my dad. I left the house then drove to school.

I got there pretty early and bumped into West. "You here" West said shocked. "Appears so" I replied.

"Listen I gotta go now but talk to you later right," West said turning away. "Maybe" I replied. "You really need to get that word out of your vocabulary" West chuckled. I rolled my eyes playfully.

I found myself a good seat.

To my surprise I see Toni trying to find a seat as well. I was shocked, Toni always went on and on about how football is the most boring sport there is.

There was an empty seat next to me. I prayed she didn't see me, but she did. Toni started walking in my direction. Here we go.

Toni took the seat next to me. "What are you doing here," I said coldly. "I love football, not everything is about you" Toni replied. I rolled my eyes. She couldn't let me have one thing.

"West your new experiment," Toni said calmly. I didn't reply, I wasn't going to do this with her, especially with all these people around.

"Congrats on not hiding him, as you did me, finally grew some balls," Toni said a little louder. "Can you lower your voice" I whisper yelled.

Toni scoffed. My heart started beating faster in fear that someone heard her.

"Toni just leave you're causing a scene" I snapped. "A scene" Toni questioned, "it's not my fault that you can't stand the fact that you're gay," Toni yelled.

My heart felt like it stopped. I looked around to see the majority of people at the game were looking at me.

There was a reason why Toni's only friend was Martha.

For a person who didn't want anything to do with the people here, I seem to care a lot bout their opinion.

I pushed Toni out of my way and ran to my car. As soon as I closed the door I broke down crying. Why does she have to ruin everything?

I heard a tap on my window, it was Toni. I cracked the window open to listen to what she had to say.

"I'm sorry," Toni said. I tried to clean my face up a bit to look less pathetic. "Fuck off," I said reaching for the button to roll up the window.

"Wait" Toni pleaded.

"At the moment I get so heated that I can't think straight and everything seems like a good idea, it's like I blackout and when I come back I regret everything and feel like shit" Toni tried explaining.

"I don't care anymore," I said slowly.

"Are you going to see West now?" Toni asked softly. I looked at her in disbelief.

"Just leave me alone," I said before driving off.